Day / Night Transition

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Xevious2001, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Xevious2001 New Member

I have just returned to EQ to play on the new progression server, and maybe this is just how it is now in the game, but if I log in and it is currently daytime on the server, it will stay daytime for me in that zone even when the game time moves into night. It never changes over to night / gets dark. If I zone during the night, it will change for me to night / get dark.
    Same holds true for if I log in and it's night time...my display will never transition over to daytime.
    It has been years since I played EQ, but I am pretty sure it used to transition from day to night and back to day even if you remained in the same zone the whole time.
    Am I remembering it wrong? Is this a problem with my configuration?
    Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Longtooth New Member

Doesn't happen in every zone, but a lot of the ones I play often in - like GFay. It is very annoying. Causes me to become frustrated with the game when it happens. I really wish they would fix the simple things such as this.
  3. Xevious2001 New Member

GFay is where I am currently encountering the problem. So I guess it is not my system but an actual bug with the game. I would expect better from a game that has been around for so long.