Darkpaw: Why Don't You Ask People What They Want For Once

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by CartoTLP, Apr 28, 2020.

1. CartoTLP Journeyman

Anyone else find it humorous (and disappointing) that this is what Darkpaw comes out with after leaving us in the dark for weeks as they were "fully rounding out the rule sets" for the highly anticipated TLPs? I am a long time EQ player and was very much looking forward to a new TLP; how do they continue to miss the mark time and time again? I wonder if they will be backtracking again as they did with Selo/Mangler.

Is it too much to ask for them to put a few options out there and have active account holders vote or respond to some sort of poll? I mean I guess we should not be too surprised as this is the same group who claimed nobody would want a free-trade server because it would prevent people from transferring off to live servers. Does anyone actually transfer from TLP to live? I personally do not know of anyone.

One thing I do give kudos to Darkpaw on is their plan to address the botters.

I want to also state that this is not meant to be a post stating "I was going to box 50 accounts and now me and my friends are no longer playing" or "Back to [insert MMO here]." People will still play and, to be honest, I will still probably play if my friends are interested. I just wish for once in the last few years that they would actually understand the player base a bit better than they appear to.
  2. ThenaEQ Augur

3. Lateryn Augur

Because what players say they want rarely matches what they show they want.

Not to mention forums are a very small minority of players and even then its overun by alt accounts and such(example people spamming for FV/pvp servers) to make it seems like there is more demanding something then there really is.
    Koshk and Herf like this.
  4. enclee Augur

5. ThenaEQ Augur

a discord with guild leaders from various tlp's and holly before she left
    Herf likes this.
  6. enclee Augur

So, that’s actually real? They’re trying to design around automated gameplay?
  7. ThenaEQ Augur

100% real
  8. Karrbon_175 New Member

I mean it's not hard to have an in game poll where your actual player base can decide these things.
    enclee likes this.
  9. Creedmonk Augur

alright which one of you try hards wrote this :

1. [14-Jan-20 06:12 PM] #7716
    2. @ came up with an idea that you could burn a krono to page a GM for serious issues sort of like a challenge flag in football
    enclee likes this.
  10. The_dude New Member

That sounds like a story that I heard from another company... hmm was it Snowball, or cold rain?? Oh yeah Blizzard. Then they made WoW classic, and it surpassed their expectations. They had launch like issues where they didn't have enough servers to handle the number of people who were shoving their money down their throats.

Yeah, customers are usually 75% right, and 25% off. These servers are not even in the same solar system as the conversation and speculation of the new servers. It is a big swing and a miss.
    Sythrak20 and Skuz like this.
  11. Piznut Angry Gnome

So a discord convo of a minority of guild leaders, half of whom don't even know what their own members want, lead the decision for the new TLPs. Solid decision DPG.
  12. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

And Darkpaw ignored nearly all of it. It was a very reasonable discussion with loads of reasonable suggestions. Instead Darkpaw went with something none of them were advocating for.
    Sythrak20 and Skuz like this.
  13. Vicus Augur

Focus group - Seasons Truebox with Gm support....Boxing server that goes to live that doesnt allow doesnt allow anything more then .

DPG after Holly leaves....lets Pop both servers...while we already have a pop lock server.
  14. taliefer Augur

the people in that chat are not exactly indicative of the EQ populace at large, and frankly im disapointed daybreak/darkpaw even had that discord with people who actively cheat and hack the game, but justify with bull like "most of the stuff in it is just like addons in other games!"

bologna. I'm friends with some of the people that were in that chat, and I call total BS on alot of what was said
  15. topple good idea generator

from the big post just made about the roundtable with the devs and guild leaders....

1. [14-Jan-20 06:47 PM] windstalker#2532
    2. This may sound gross, and a bit off topic, but I'd like your thoughts....if you could pay for a quest to betray your race and be like a high elf enchanter or dark elf paladin, would you opt in? It's a cash only option and might have a steeper price. (Might consider making it member only.)

I wouldn't exactly hold Holly up as some savant that knows the game and what the players want. The idea that she doesn't know a high elf can be an enchanter already doesn't really suggest that the people in charge of this game have any real working knowledge of the game let alone what we players would want.

Yea yea i know it might sound like I'm just a nerd calling out a spelling mistake on someone's post, but I bet you would be hard pressed to find someone playing the game that doesn't have this common knowledge.
    Creedmonk, Whoops and Skuz like this.
  16. Xeris Augur

high elf enchanter.. :p
  17. Vicus Augur

Doesnt allow anymore automated/offline killing. I think I had a cut and paste goof.
  18. Whoops Augur

I was trying not to comment on that, but it definitely stuck out a lot, haha. Like she tried to avoid saying "dark elf" twice, but the last second correction made it worse, lol.
  19. Creedmonk Augur

Nerd
    topple likes this.
  20. Zinth Augur

not intelligence speaking from you... people spamming on alt accounts for FV servers? I have 1 account I use for forums out of the 17 accounts I have... Fine you don't want it, accept that others do... We haven't had ONE TLP with AoC, boxing and freetrade on yet...

we have had
    PoP locked
    True-box (all of the AoC TLP servers)
    Classic start, 51/50, Event server (Quarm which was trashcollected into Brekt)

So making 1 of them (Rizlona) into Freetrade, Boxing, AoC is not too much to ask, then all the True-box typers can stay on Aradune with their very fair "max 2 boxes" rule. Then people actually have a choice, right now there is a choice between locked and locked server...