Darkened Singing Steel Bracer: Request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Israfel, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Israfel Elder

Please put a mage DS clicky on this. It references the original item better and makes it more unique.

As it stands, the item is a little disappointing.
  2. Brohg Augur

Alternately, Psalm of the Forsaken!
  3. Reccoo New Member

Shaman bracer is disappointing too. Needs to either copy cleric's, or give a bigger DD. I'd rather have the agro reducer myself. : P
  4. Israfel Elder

You can have the agro reducer on the bard arms. We sure as hell don't need it.
  5. EnchFWO Augur

Welcome to every group and raid item from this HH zone.
  6. Israfel Elder

I quite like a lot of the items in Seb. Some have effects that are questionable, for sure, but in this case I think that the bracer does not retain the flavor of the original, which was a very cool clicky (that I still use).
    Nniki and EnchFWO like this.
  7. Tevik Augur

Agreed. Putting illusionary spikes on the item is a problem for multiple reasons. First, everybody already has that click because it's standardized on all back items. This is the downside for making standards for clickies like that, you can't put them other places or they become effectively useless. Secondly, because it doesn't stack with the ranger Cloak line of buffs, you're left with less flexibility how you utilize your in-game clicky buffs.

The original Singing Steel Bracer, with its mage DS, still provides more use cases than this version of the buff, even when you consider that the Darkened bracer's one rank (10 points of damage shield) higher than the normal group gear. I really feel like special gear like this should have a reason to exist beyond the 5 months between the event and when the next expansion rolls around and obsoletes it to validate the time spent creating it for a short duration event.

Edit: I was wrong, it's the same level click as EoK group backs, so the click provides no benefit at all, even to a group geared bard.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

I wish the Darkened Mrylokar's Bracer would summon statted throwing daggers.
    Zahel likes this.
  9. Parker Elder

Ive always wanted a percussion clicky that stacked or went over the cap like resonance for singing. That would be a real nice click to have on a ss piece of some kind, not sure if bracer would mesh with lore but SOME piece.