Dance of the Demiurge incident

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Toukan, Aug 10, 2023.

1. Toukan Augur

So we're raiding Dance of the Demiurge. We're going for an achievement which extends the event.

I'm tanking Malthshisku and have been for awhile. I get emoted with the contentment emote.
    Contentment descends upon Toukan. I gallop away from the raid, Malthshisku follows me, leashes back to 100 %.

Here's my question. In prior expansions, in prior events, the main tank has been exempt from this type of emote.

Is this emote hitting the main tank in this event a bug, or is it possible by design and just ridiculously bad luck?

Thank you.
    Knifen likes this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

You need to use exact lines, they dont have all this content memorized, they have to look it up and single words dont help.

I looked at my guilds triggers, nothing has the word "contentment" in it.

The only thing on the beta forum writeup with "contentment" is:

Yellow (pretend this is yellow) - Represents contentment
    Countered by casting a move haste spell
    Yellow (Serene Mass): Mezes people (Contentment) until it is kilt.
    If Countered will target a lot fewer people

It looks like you ran away for nothing, it's just one of the blobs auras. There are a number of emotes to run away when you get, thats not one of them.
  3. Knifen Augur

This emote doesnt give you the option, It basically turns you into a mount and you go running full speed out into the zone. There is no stoping it to my knowledge Sorry not at home to see logs as to what its called

Now if its the blob causing the emote perhaps there is a way to prevent it from going off all together.
    Toukan likes this.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Were you on top hate/aggro, or just target of target? There are at least rogue pet (I believe is the class) that will snap top hate while they are active, that will cause issues with the "don't target tank" mechanics. I dont see the mention of the mount in the writeup to find out the intention, I'll ask around my guild if we have gotten any of the tanks hit by that mechanic but I dont remember the boss leashing during any of our attempts.

If you are leaving the blobs up at the end to spawn the additional gods, you probably want to have a second tank drag them away from the raid so the auras dont hit people anyway.
  5. Knifen Augur

Not allowed to use rogue pets but yes they are uber agro stealers.

This looks to be the emote, taken from freelance page.

Note:
    - When Malthshisku casts Contented Wandering, players are not emote targeted (unlike when Bobcat Knife casts it)
    21: Summon Horse: TDSRaid2SplineDriver
    Forces target to wander off.