Dagarn the Destroyer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phiyre, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Phiyre Augur

I'm trying to get the bow off of him for my ranger.
    Anyone know when he last died?
    Thanks
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

All the perma-farmers are unlikely to tell you, unfortunately. However, to even have a shot an an answer, you should probably indicate what server you are on.
  3. Phiyre Augur

Lol, that's what happens when I post too early in the am. Luclin-Stromm server.
    Hoping since the guy only drops no drop gear, I might have a chance at loot. Not sure how many rangers are lined up for the bow, but don't see anything else worth while from him. Otherwise I will just keep logging the alt ever few hours to see if I catch him or not :)
    Figured it was worth a shot though!
    Thanks for the response and that key point about server info.. /facepalm
  4. roth Augur

I will have to try a lesson burn when I get home from work to see how many AAs I can get with the uzi, but I don’t really expect the kill rate to be better than the kill rate I get with my phlogiston bow. Basically the question is do you gain the additional HS’s fast enough with the uzi, or do you rely on the damage of a current bow. While I could be mistaken (only 1511 H-Dex so maybe things change at higher levels) my gut tells me that while common enough to get a couple headshots per mob I do not think they are common enough that the uzi is worth giving up the H-Dex on a current bow, or the damage from regular bow shots.
    Phiyre likes this.
  5. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

How many HP Dagarn have anyway...been ages. I was curious how many classes now have single click "kill buttons" for that mob?
  6. Mithra Augur

7. Hickers Elder

Well, the servers are down for a scheduled 4 hours from now. So I predict he will next be killed in 4 hours and 30 seconds time.
  8. Phiyre Augur

The posts I have been reading and people I have been talking to all swear by the Bow of the Destroyer. Parses etc make it seem better (HS). It must be since this dragon is perma killed so many years later.
    Also, my ranger is lvl 86 and while my bow is good, I think it has like +6 h dex or something so not losing too much. I'd use the BotD for headshot mobs, other bow for normal hunting due to overall dmg.
  9. Phiyre Augur

You are wishful servers will be up when they say huh? j/j. Apparently he is up 12 hours after server reset, which will allow his death to be prolonged slightly.. lol
  10. Kolani Augur

My parses show the complete opposite. You want to stack as much hdex as you want for headshot procs, it's based on your total hdex and not the number of shots. BoD has no hdex at all. It's overhyped by the people who have it on permafarm that depend on idiot rangers buying it.
  11. shiftie Augur

Iirc it used to matter like 2010. Right up until they changed how headshot worked. And now it is pretty much useless as headshot has about a 2 ppm fire rate from the changes made in 2014. Shooting faster with this bow does nothing whereas H-Dex ups the ppm
    Gyurika Godofwar and Phiyre like this.
  12. Phiyre Augur

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    @kolani I would never pay for this drop. More of a, if I am on and the dragon is up, it will die. If I get it cool, if not, idgaf.
  13. roth Augur

Level plays a role, but the days (IMO) when BotD was king are gone, for two reasons. First, they did nerf the HS firing rate some time back, one of the roughly VOA era nerfs to HS. This was when they actually raised the damage and “officially” made it work on all DB con mobs (of the right body type) rather than simply adding 6 levels on to the top every 5 character levels. Second, mob HP has gone up considerably more than HS damage has, to the point where it takes (self-buffed only) 4 HS’s with a BotD to kill a sarnak in FM, and only three with my Phlogiston bow. The difference is not in how hard HS hits, but in how hard the arrows hit when they don’t HS.

At your level, it may be worthwhile. As you level up and get better ratio bows, I think that you’ll eventually pocket the BotD and move on.

That said, I have not gone and done an AA count test with the BotD. I know what I can get with my regular bow; I just doubt that I can get that with the BotD. Regardless I’ll post the results of the test after I’ve run it.
    Kolani likes this.
  14. Kolani Augur

Right. What I was saying is that the BoD is still thought to be good because the farmers who have it on lockdown try to keep it's reputation intact by keeping it locked behind themselves and sell it to people who may not be familiar with the changes to headshot and hdex, or have rolled a flavor of the month headshotter.
    Phiyre and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  15. roth Augur

Just ran the test.

I got about 10% less exp with the BotD than with Phlogiston.

It may be worth going for, if you don’t have access to something like a Phlogiston bow, or whatever the group TS bow from TBL looks like. But current bows are better.

That said .. PPM values are not something set in stone. That PPM value is then adjusted based upon the weapon’s delay. This gives you a proc chance per round. Or, in the case of something like Headshot or Assassinate, the proc chance per attack. It is this low value, the chance per attack, that the game checks each attack.

And how do you beat RNG? By making as many calls to it as possible. That’s what the BotD does.

Unfortunately, its not enough more calls to make it worthwhile. By this, I mean look at the current bow delays. They are in the range of 22 to 24. That’s not much slower than BotD. Back when the BotD was first released, bow delays were in the 30’s and 40’s, and even some crafted bows had delays in the 50’s. That’s much slower than the BotD, thus the nickname uzi. By that comparison though, a 23 delay bow is nearly an uzi next to a 38 delay bow.
    Phiyre and Andarriel like this.
  16. shiftie Augur

The popularity of that bow has a lot to do with broken quiver haste as well for however long it was messed up
  17. roth Augur

I don’t recall hearing that it had been broken?

IIRC it was originally touted as being 1/3 the WR. But parsing showed it to be 1/4 the WR. At some point a few years ago it was changed, though I don’t recall to what, only that it was untied from the WR on the quiver? I really don’t know anymore. But I don’t recall hearing anything about it being broken.
  18. shiftie Augur

http://www.eqoutrider.net/eqforums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6202

Lol you were part of the discussion
  19. jeskola pheerie

Andarriel and Tatanka like this.
  20. roth Augur

I’d forgotten about that, but wasn’t that an issue with the engine as a whole (limiting how fast you could bring a bow) rather than with quiver haste itself?