Customer Service Announcement: Gold Membership

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If SOE wants to add value in a less controversial way, how about they just add 5 Legends of Norrath booster packs (on top of the current 5 packs)? It would only offend the very small subset of 5-10 loot card traders.
  2. smash Augur

I am really not interested in this. I want to save up my 500 SC, so I myself can decide when I want to buy something. Not some bad other stuff.

As I see it, it is simple a nerf for the coins.

So give people a choice of what they want.

If you say: This will be hard to code, then make an item that you can choose, which put 500 SC on your account.
    Geroblue likes this.
  3. Feradach Augur

Not a fan of this at all. I too like to save my SC up for fun things when I'm in the mood. This change just takes away one of the areas of enjoyment in the game. Way to go SOE.
  4. Snyckers New Member

Don't like this a bit. I tend to buy mostly "small" items but more of them. Give us the option to either buy the big item or leave our account alone.
  5. Doinar New Member

This is no additional value to most of us - either you are deliberately lying or you have not understood how currencies and markets - the basis for economies esp. capitalistic ones - work.

Any Purchase below 2.000 now feels like a waste, any purchase below 500 is definitely a bad deal, purchasing nothing for a month (for what ever reason, vacation, illness, no internet...) is a punishment.

Whats the point in haveing Station "Cash" if you cannot accumulate it ?

In effect you turn the cash shop into a list of single bonus items per month that the player can choose one from. Why not make it part of the subscription ? I want one month of everquest and one potion of adventure III per month with it. Or one bag. Or a piece of fence... That way one cannot forget to order...

Please... think about something else. Something that will not annoy us every month.

I can understand that you would like to limit the amount of SC a player can pile up and force him/her to purchase something. Why not do something like: We limit your Gold-SC-account to 6 months, i.e. 3.000 in value. Beyond that you will not receive any Gold-SC, or instead of Gold-SC you get a Potion of Adventure III or something.

The only way a player can benefit is when he really wants/buys an item per month that costs more than 500 but less than 2000. The closer to 2000 the better. So what will we see ? Will SOE put up bundles of interesting stuff for close to 2000 into the market ? Will the interesting stuff start to cost upwards of 2001 ?

SOE probably has some Business Intelligence applications in place that track which player buys what and when. Up to now you could find out the attractiveness of a SC-Item for a given price easily - just monitor sales. Now the 2000 price point and to a lesser extent the 500 price point become special for the gold subscribers. Lowering the price of an item below 500 makes it _less_attractive for Gold subscribers now ! Raise prices to 2000 and you will get more sales from Gold subscribers... Good luck in applying any economic theories or standard algorithms to data from that shop.
    Anex likes this.
  6. Kingrogue New Member

You are trying to make this look as an improvement to what you are offering to recurring monthly members but it is not. Who came with this new thing? I hope you gave him a raise for saving money for SOE and making money as people will have to purchase SC money now if they want to do as they wanted to do with the 500 SC each month.

I am not getting the 500 SC even though I am a gold member because I pay my subscription each month with a Krono I buy with real money or a SC card. But I would be very upset if I were as this is taking back things from recurring members not improving it.

VERY STUPID TO UPSET YOUR RECURRING MEMBERS.
  7. Daze Journeyman

Okay, I've never posted before because I've not felt strongly enough to want to but this is the most annoying thing done since they took away the $100 a year for life membership of EQ.

I too save up my SC, because I have pretty much everything already after playing solidly since 1999.

I want my SC, I enjoy it. I don't want to be forced to buy 1 item or lose it

if you want to give us something , rather than just put a spin on taking it away, Just give us our 500 sc each month and occasionally give a sale

oh, just like it's running at the moment
  8. Everstorm Augur

I feel bad for Piestro for having to come up with ways to make it sounds positive and exciting while, I'm sure, he is smart enought to see it for what it is...
    Leerah, Axxius and Anex like this.
  9. Petts Elder

I do not like this at all ... put it back to the way it was ... let me decide how I should spend my cash!
  10. Stephen51 Augur

This is to me a restriction rather than an improvement. The items in the station store are to me 60% tat, 20% unnecessary, and 20% may be worth saving for. They obviously want people to buy more stuff without improving what's for sale so they change the rules. I think they are insulting our intelligence trying to package this as an improvement.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  11. Kegwell Lurker since '99

DUMBEST MOVE EVER
    KC13 likes this.
  12. Linora New Member

Terrible idea! Your users don't want this Sony!
  13. Andrewflaman New Member

I never signed up for forum I've read them but never felt strongly enough to sign up. I've been with ever quest since 1999 I have never let my subscription run out. Please, please reconsider this change, for the 1st time in 15 years I am seriously considering cancelling EQ. The 2 month down from hackers didn't even make me want to leave EQ. It just made me mad at hackers, the several hours down on new years from DDOS attacks made me angry at hackers not EQ. This change has made me mad at EQ. While I realize this post will most likely be ignored, I still felt it necessary to write it. The you must log into LON every month to claim your free not trade-able cards irritated me but i do it anyways. I will not be forced into this without a complaint. I buy station cash and I like my free 500 too. I save up for what i want (large bags are my weakness--Pack rat)
    Cazmac and Leerah like this.
  14. texasgman New Member

I dont like this as others have said i dont spend my sc very often and the idea of use or lose it is bull dookey in my opinion.

Nostras
    Cazmac likes this.
  15. Luenn New Member

"Happy new year to our loyal paying customers. As a reward for your loyalty we are going to nerf your monthly 500sc and give you one item from the shop upto the value of 2000sc. As you may well know there is nothing in the shop worth buying for 2000 or less so lets hope you get your credit cards out and buy station cash to buy those items you have been saving up for for so long."
  16. Khat_Nip Meow

I'm indifferent to this whole thing. I find it hard to get worked up over them rearranging what they've been giving us for free.
    I'm not going to lose any sleep over not being able to save my gratis SC.
    Sita, Cazmac and Phrett like this.
  17. Bomana New Member

I have to agree with all the other posts. This is not thought out very well you are not giving use an upgrade or a new carrot, you are actually taking away one of the best reason to be a gold member. I beg you not to take our SC away from us.
    Perplexed and Anex like this.
  18. Everstorm Augur

You're right. Personally I'm just annoyed with how they are trying to sugarcoat a negative move. But I'm allergic to all sugarcoating, commercial craptalk and spindoctors. Main reason I dont even watch TV anymore.
    Axxius likes this.
  19. StanStanlee New Member

Out of curiosity is ANYONE in favor of this change? I have read all the posts on several game forums and I can't seem to find someone who is pleased with this change. If everyone is so against this idea...doesn't it stand to reason that it is a bad idea and should be either changed or thrown out?
    Geroblue, KC13, Miss_Jackie and 3 others like this.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

They did the same thing with LoN packs, and I'd bet a good 75% of them go unclaimed now. Just like these SC bonuses will.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.