Curious about big bag drops off named encounters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jarsi, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Jarsi Lorekeeper

Were bigger bag drops from named removed or adjusted below 1% per drop rate chance lately without telling the public?
    Have over the last two months killed every named mob in Shards Landing some of them three times over and not one bag also not seeing them drop in house of thule , voa, cotf, tbm.
    This from strictly killing named mobs per count RNG hates me alot but can't hate me this much!!
    I recall they used to even show up in mission chests for the harder ones so I did all the harder RoF missions I could request nada...did Gribble HAs for a month straight just to spawn named nada sometimes they even did not drop the latent armor much.
    Going off the 1% chance to drop have had 6 Blood Drinker's Coatings 2 which actually rotted
    8 Bixie Summoning Stones Augs 4 rotted and 2 of the flower clickies that rotted forget their names but not 1 even a 20 slot bag.
    Now I assume you snuck in a nerf on the bag drops cause some TLPs are opening these expansions and you wanted to increase the need for them to buy big bag bundles but why affect the whole game to push your bag sale agenda?!
    Be nice if sometimes you guys just left some things alone so people could have some feeling of YAY! when something happens they deemed yay worthy
    But if you kick a dead horse enough its never going to jump up and run off just saying!
  2. Zynt Augur

I just did HoT progression and had a ton of bag drops, like 8 or 9 and at least 5 of the quiver. I've done 25K AA plus PLed 6 toons from 85-110 in FM killing at a spot which can spawn 3 named, and they're not that rare, and I got my first Bag of the Combine Hero on Monday. Consequently, I've only seen 1 chase loot item in that time as well.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Nadisia Augur

I won't say for older expansions, but for ToV, I'm pretty sure it has been nerfed.
    I got 5 bags from nameds in the first 2 months after the release and just 1 since , 3 days ago.

And I've killed way more nameds in the second half of the expansion than before, because my gear was really bad when I started (it was still a mix of conflagrant/GMM).
    Ok, bad RNG series can happen, but I really have doubts.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Its just rare. Meaning, sample size bias.
  5. PhinigelKronoFarmer Journeyman

In all of my TOV kills, which is a lot (rallos ear done), I've gotten 2 Ice Encrusted, 2 Ice Ornaments, and 0 bags.

I've never seen a bag in TBL or ROS. I have 8 Satchels from EOK. No clue about RNG anymore.
    MageGuy likes this.