Cultural armor headache

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Zynrael, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Zynrael Lorekeeper

I am attempting to make some cultural chain armor and have been scouring EQtraders as well as any where else I can google. I have the initial ancestral book and have made the molds.

Right now I am simply trying to make my first chain chest template. I can not seem to do this for the life of me. I have tried both the new tanaan forge and half eleven forge. I know there are/were quests involved with the symbols.

Which books/quests do I need to buy/do to be able to see the recipe in the forge UI? The armor I am attempting is well over my skill level I just wanted to try one to make sure I was doing everything correctly up to now before diving in any further.

I have been back and forth to cultural historians smithing historians ect. I have scribed armour books such as smithed armor XV as well as Intricate half elven cultural smithing which isnt even the right armor jsut want to see SOMETHING to show I am looking in the right place.

I am sure the answer is already out there somewhere and I have used search functions on this and many other boards and cant find the answer to my question.

How do I make the templates used in the final combine, I cant seem to scribe the recipe. Is there a skill/level min to attempt this. I have an unmodified skill of 265 and 286 with mod. The specific armor set is elegant daybreaker trivial between 435 and 466.

Sorry for the long post I am just trying to be as specific as possible so I can try and get the precise answer I need. Thank you for any and all information.
  2. Brudal Augur

Link

check "a cultural discoveries historian" in PoK
  3. Zynrael Lorekeeper

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have been to the cultural discoveries historian and when I right click and open merchant window it is blank. There is nothing there. I tried unchecking the " show only what i can use " box and still nothing.

Thoughts? I would understand if the higher level things werent there but nothing? Is there a step I missed? I did not do the 4 gather/kill quests from my hometown cultural instructor as I was under the impression they werent needed anymore. Is this incorrect / related to my problem?

edit- I found a merchant next to this person that sold scrolls up to intricate. I guess I have to have a higher skill to get to elegant. Going to see if these lower level recipes show up in the forge.
  4. Brudal Augur

According to link elegant may need a unmodified 300 skill to see/buy the book.
  5. Zynrael Lorekeeper

according to something i just saw on eq traders I need smithed armor step XIII. what is odd is have been able to buy and scribe books below and above that book up to XVII. but i dont see this and a few others in between. I have from XII , XIV , XV , and XVI scribed and can see the recipes but cant find XIII ?
  6. Zynrael Lorekeeper

No good still. I have scribed books above and below smithed armor step XIII and can see the recipes for them.
    Why cant I find this one book?
    Really frustrated and I havent even had a chance to fail the combine yet =/
  7. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard