Credit Card information stolen

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Obiwangnomie, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Obiwangnomie New Member

I have been making purchases online and using online services since the 1990's. On only two occasions have I ever had an issue. 1) My EQ account was hacked and all items stolen back around 2001/2. 2) Just last week my credit card information was stolen. Considering I just started my two accounts in EQ back up and purchased one Krono just a day or two prior to the CC information being used illegally (In Guatamala) it brings me to the security of transactions in EQ.

I write this mainly because it wasn't just me it happened to but someone in my guild said it looks to be a common issue here as it just happened to them as well and EQ is the common denominator.

Is this an issue with Daybreak games? Is it an issue specific to EQ and how information is transferred in game?

I have a brand new credit card on the way. IF I renew my sub and it is hacked again I think it will confirm my belief that something on the Daybreak side of things is not secure.

Any input Daybreak?
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If daybreak was being hacked for CC information it wouldn't be just a few users. The hack would have to be on Daybreaks side not someone getting in to your account. If this was the case thousands of people would be having their cc info stolen. Unless a rash of other players getting cc info stolen comes up I don't think Daybreak is at fault. If you see many others coming on here and posting cc info was stolen we do indeed have a problem.
  3. Obiwangnomie New Member

Like I said, between what i hear from those in guild it is anything but a few users. Will see. If my new CC is hacked I know where the fault lies.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not sure one other person in the guild losing credit card info makes it common. I run a very large casual guild and have for 15 years and no one has ever complained about their cc being stolen via SOE/Daybreak.

But as I say if it is common there will be a lot more posts showing up here soon.
  5. Keth Journeyman

I haven't used my card for anything since it was renewed with new number but Daybreak... two days later I've charges from other states that are not my purchases. According to Visa, DB is the likely source.
  6. Snowman00 New Member

Just to clarify, while I am sure you are aware, SOE is dead to EQ, which is wholly owned by Daybreak. I tried purchasing items when I returned late last year and my AMEX was immediately declined. I called AMEX and they just laughed at me (not literally, but still), the charging system used by Daybreak is coming out of Russia. I have no knowledge of the security being used, but if it's anything like their programming, support and creativity, one would be foolish to store any CC information here.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You guys are responding to / bumping a thread from 2015, don't do this. Further, a compromised CC is a serious issue and one that should be done directly with Daybreak and your bank, not an open forum.
    Smokezz likes this.
  8. Dailor Augur

Please post the new CC number so I can research this for you.
    svann and Smokezz like this.
  9. Awesome X New Member

, the frog presumptuously blurted, contributing to the problem, to no avail.

But seriously, if < 1% of customers had a CC issue, and YOU have 2 out of 2 (100%) CCs get compromised, it's on your end.

Now stop rezzing this thread guise for reals ok? geez
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I responded to them a few hours after their post in the hopes of letting this thread die. You waited another 4 days from the previous post before necroing it yet again.

Now please stop.