Creating and deleting Heroic Characters

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Dizotap, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Dizotap New Member

I was under the impression that, until March 26th, players could create a Heroic Character for free and could delete the first one, create a second one, etc. still for free, as long as they only had one at a time. I created one on Firiona Vie server, then decided I wanted a different class so I deleted the character. My account still says "0 heroic characters remaining", and when I tried to create a new one, it took me to the marketplace and wanted 3500 SC to create it. Many other players I've talked to about this said they have been able to create, delete, create, delete, ad nauseum as many characters as they wanted to, all for free as long as they only had one at a time. I petitioned, but don't expect a response in time to beat today's deadline, so I am worried that I wasted my chance at a heroic character simply because I didn't realize the first one I created was the only one I would get.
  2. Nylrem Augur

You did notice that the heroic character came with 15k plat? If you were able to create/delete ad nauseum, you would have an infinite amount of pp available.

Heroic Characters have been limited to 1 free one per acct, total since they were created. Your 'many other' players are mistaken, they have not been able to create, delete ad nauseum unless they are somehow exploiting something.
  3. Gialana Augur

As is stated in the Heroic Characters FAQ, only the first free HC on an account comes with 15k pp, so it is not possible to create an infinite amount of platinum. I have not personally deleted a free HC to try to remake another class (for free), but according to Sony employees, it is supposed to be possible, as long as the HC is deleted.

I have read in other posts that people who are mistakenly showing that they don't have a HC available have been able to fix the problem by logging in and out several times. Could be something worth trying.

Also, there is currently system maintenance that could impact account services. It doesn't seem likely that this could be your problem since you posted almost an hour before the maintenance began, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility, completely.
    moogs likes this.
  4. Mithrandyr Augur

No, you are mistaken. You can delete and create HCs. Only the first one made will have plat and bayle marks. I deleted and remade a HC yesterday with no problems.
  5. Crystilla Augur

To the OP, did you camp out and come back after you deleted the 1st heroic character? I've seen it said (and we had to do it) in order for the system to register that you no longer had one. Then once you came back in it showed you could update.
  6. Kikahi New Member

I have not been on EQ in awhile and a friend told me about free heroic .. I came on today (March 26) to get my free heroic char ... I did NOT get a free heroic but, I could create one for 3500 ... Little disappointed
  7. Tharrg Augur

are you creating one at a persons house who has made one already?
    only 1 per household.. so may need to go to different place to add
  8. Centuriana Sokokar New Member

They posted in the announcement forums that there are some problems with the e-commerce server and the offer is still available. Just log in every 20 min or so to see if your flags are set for the heroic character, if you meet the requirements.
  9. Gerzer Lorekeeper

No need to go 'elsewhere' to create new HC. It was IP bound. so if you released and renewed your IP and had created say 100 accounts..(you could use the same email for them) you made a quick 1.5 Million Plat. Not to mention you also have 100 lvl 85 toons from which to construct an army from.....