Create a new Forum

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silinius, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Silinius Augur

So now that Phinny has Luclin along with Instancing and Truebox Code, it might be time to think about creating a separate forum for them (or the other TLPs). As much as I love seeing the complaints about what is broken in Luclin and the 18 or so active guilds talking about their progression woes, none of it has any real relevance to my guild. I imagine the Ragefire folks feel nearly the same.

Any time Lockjaw or Ragefire folks try to bring up recommendations or concerns (Instancing, Server Population, etc.) we're met with a "re-roll to Phinny" by the community that plays there. For many of us who are still working to keep our servers relevant, that's not an answer.

The communities and the issues they face will see further differences as Phinny continues on it's hastened unlock timer schedule.

In an effort to reduce friction between the Phinny community and the other red-headed bastard child communities, it might be beneficial to separate the two communities by forum.

This resolves the issues above and gives the development team a chance to collect feedback from Phinny as well as the other TLP communities who are, and will remain closer in their TLP progression in a more organized fashion. I imagine it would also cut down on the drama and "re-roll" comments any time an issue is brought up and clear up any clutter so that the development team can receive honest feedback from the RF/LJ communities and answer any questions related to the health of the remaining TLPs.

Or just merge RF and LJ, Instance everything and be done with it.

o_O
  2. pimenttoncheese Elder

3. Astley Augur

There's more TLP servers than just Phinny, Ragefire, and Lockjaw. Yet you only seem to care about how this affects your server.

A single TLP section is just fine.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Besides, what's the point of a forum with almost zero activity? Wouldn't that be depressing?
    Arclan likes this.
  5. Ducreux Augur

If Lockjaw wants their own forum feel free to use the one dedicated to Quarm. That forum is dead anyway so it seems fitting.
  6. Silinius Augur

Oh my bad.. I meant active TLPs with people that actually play on them. So if you count Fippy.. there are four at various stages of progress.

Anything Ragefire OR Lockjaw related gets lost in the mix because Phinny has a much higher population (and clearly a more vocal population). Thank you for replying though Ducreux, you just proved my point.
  7. Ducreux Augur

[IMG]
  8. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Reroll Phinny, IMHO.
    Arclan likes this.
  9. Soon Augur

10. guelphling New Member

I dont see the need for seperate forums. Some of the issues affect all the TLP's. And one ahead of another lets the ones behind know about things before they happen on those servers, so it's not always a bad thing. Besides input from all the TLP's is not terrible when addressing mutual issues, rather the opposite imo.
    Although you may feel special because you play on Phinny, TLP's have a common underlying theme, and that is the point of the TLP forum. Feel free to title your posts 'Phinny Server - ' if it bothers you so much?
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  11. Silinius Augur

Cancel my request please - Watching Phinny guilds argue about spawns is way more entertaining...