Crate for 500 coin

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Toukan, Jan 26, 2024.

1. Toukan Augur

Every month I get 500 coin and I trade it gambling on a crate and usually wish I hadn't.

This month the only thing to trade my 500 coin for is an xp potion.

Where's the crates ?
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  2. fransisco Augur

crates = lootboxes
    They are gambling. Technically should be illegal (it is in some countries), but america doesn't really care about normal people.
    Its simple - don't buy crates.
  3. Alnitak Augur

You must have a very old and well-developed account to buy crates with monthly 500 dbc allowances.
    Let's see: if you make a new account today you'd need
    3000'ish dbc to unlock 3 merc slots account-wise
    9000'ish dbc to unlock armor ornamentation slots for all 8 characters
    4500'ish dbc to unlock 200 tradeskill depot slots
    thow in persona,dragonhoard slots, keyrings as desired.
    And that's a bare minimum. There are Heroic tokens to purchase as well.

That's 3 years away from the first crate purchase. I myself haven't even started buying keyrings and Hoard slots, I have wasted too much dbc early on.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Or maybe people should have compulsion control. /shrug
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

In the begining when crates are released there nice because theres alot of stuff you can put up in the baz for 2m pp for fast cash then it slowly goes downhill. But since were using free cash to get its not really a gamble way i see it. Only a gamble if your looking for that 1 specific thing because towards the end most stuff wont be easy sellers anymore unless you hit a mount or illusion although i can sell the shissar illusion for the life of me.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, if your talking about the Heritage Crates they disappeared as did the LON decks a few weeks ago.

Not interested in any potions either which is all that is offered right now so I did not take the monthly claim yet, hopefully they will fix it soon

I think there was a post in the bug report section on the ldon not being there
    Toukan likes this.
  7. fransisco Augur

Thats just like blaming someone for being poor or black. Gambling is a proven issue. Its not impulse control.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am guessing there are plenty of people who don't need to spend nearly that much on those items and that is just a personal choice. No reason to spend that much on things they don't need or won't use.
    Ozon and Rijacki like this.
  9. Kaelwyse Journeyman

Or, at a minimum, the chances of getting each reward should be clearly and accurately listed.

It is currently gambling without even knowing the odds.
    Fenthen and Rijacki like this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, "need" :)

Never used DBC for char slots. The ones from Loyalty have been plenty.
    Have ornamentation on one char on main three accounts. Just did that out of boredom and a silly surplus of DBCs. Of course, I'm the odd duck when it comes to "appearance" issues, I really don't care.
    TS depot? Never used it on any char. Totally down for spending however much for the guild version, which they apparently forgot to finish.
    Never used dragon hoard on any char. Housing makes much more sense for storage, when you want all chars across all accounts to have access to your items.

I got up over 20K in DBC on my main accounts, and finally realized I should stop accumulating, so just a few months ago I started getting the crates with the monthly 500 credit, on the main accounts. Haven't gotten any mounts or illusions, but have sold some of the items for a few million plat, in total. It's plat I wouldn't have had otherwise, and I've never been plat-rich, so it's been a very nice bonus.
  11. CdeezNotes Augur

I wasn't aware being poor or black were addictions.

Nobody is holding a gun to my head forcing me to buy the crate. I can choose not to spend money on it. I'm fairly positive you cannot choose whether or not to be black or poor. Well, I guess you could just paint yourself, but most people who find that highly inappropriate and racist. But you do you, my guy.
    Szilent likes this.
  12. fransisco Augur

People like you sure give the citizens of Grobb a bad name
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

At the risk of stating the obvious, you can choose to be poor. Poor decisions, etc. can make that happen. Ethnicity is something else.
  14. Toukan Augur

Wow way to hijack a thread. I'm just asking where the crates are. Anyone remember there NOT being crate(s) to choose from ?
  15. Monkeychunks Augur

Yes, it happens occasionally. This is not the first time.

Sometimes they take them out right before some new one are coming out. Like a different version.
    Toukan likes this.
  16. Flatchy Court Jester

If they are just going back to exp pots or coin for your choice just make it so you dont have to claim it like it used to be. I so looked forward to opening my 4 prizes every month but now its gone for no good reason. Gambling my , are baseball cards or Pokemon cards gambling because they have inserts in them?
  17. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Being obese, angry, depressed, etc. are proven issues to, but it does not negate the individual's responsibility to deal with it.

I am not sure why you brought race up. Maybe you have latent feelings you need to deal with. Being poor is more often a consequence of poor choices. There are too many examples of people starting with nothing and climbing their way out just as there are of people who start with everything and end up with nothing.
    Nennius likes this.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It also doesn't negate the responsibility of businesses/people from taking advantage of peoples poor choices when it comes to gambling and lotteries.
  19. CdeezNotes Augur

There's a difference in making poor choices which lead to poverty vs waking up and deciding you want to be poor. I don't know of anyone who does the latter.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Catholic priests who take a vow of poverty?