Crashing in certain zones on Agnarr

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Footbeard, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Footbeard New Member

I have been crashing in certain zones while zoning there. NRO, SRO and Nkarana so far. Also when I'm "not zoning in" the loading screen stays at 99% loaded. When I ctr/alt/del for task manager, that window doesn't pop on screen but I can see it while alt+tabbing. I play full screen for EQ.

I have to manually shut down the laptop and reboot. I can log into the game via return home. I've ported to Commons 2 times, then porting to Nkarana same crash issue. I've deleted the zone files (at least NRO and SRO ones and still crash ... or hang), no fix. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled game (via the patcher).

Not sure if anyone has similar issues or ideas before I have to wipe everything. Again, I can log into the game, zone once (it seems), then it hangs.

I can be out for 10+ mins and when I reboot I still have active character that I need to boot (not sure if that info makes any difference).

Thanks.
  2. Yruc Augur

I've only crashed once trying to zone into Lesser Fay

Check if you did a Windows 10 update, verify your graphics / sound card drivers are good (may need to reinstall)

Make sure your logging is turned off as well.
  3. Gialana Augur

When this happened to me many years ago (circa TSS), it was because the zone was hosted on a port that my ISP blocked. I could not zone in to that particular zone. It was only after a patch, when the zones are randomly assigned to their port, that I was able to zone in to that zone, again. If you can zone several times, but repeatedly crash upon trying to zone into a handful of zones, then that might be your problem. I believe the only way to fix that would be to contact your ISP, though I don't know how you would figure out what they need to open up.