Crashes in Frontier Mts.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by john5, May 28, 2019.

1. john5 Lorekeeper

Starting about 6 weeks ago, I now crash 90% of the time when entering or leaving Frontier Mountains (EoK). When I zone my boxes in, 1 to 3 boxes will crash on the spot. No loading, just a black screen (window) that I have to manually exit. No character stuck in world. They never loaded with the rest of the group. I can relog them immediately and will be able to play and kill like normal. Regarding the boxes that did NOT crash upon entry: they will almost certainly crash when I leave FM, whether it's to a neighboring zone, or by porting/gating to PoK or anywhere else. Black screen, out of game completely, no message given. I have taken to avoiding FM entirely but now that I was able to knock out Kor-sha Labs hunter this weekend, I just need Droga ;)

I did not tamper with the game folder, or make UI changes during that time period. It seems to be due to one of the patches in March or April. I guess what I want to know is- does anyone else have this problem? It also happened on my 2nd machine, which I barely even use. That seems to suggest its either in the game files, or its on my end- the router, the very meager customized UI elements, who knows. I've tried a lot of things, and I can't figure why it's FM and only that one zone. Color me baffled.

Could it have to do with my current state of killing Ancients and their corresponding achievements? FM is a unique zone in that regard.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

In the old days we would delete the zone file for the problem zone and then it rebuilds when you log in thru the patcher.