Crash to Desktop on Adv Loot Interactions in raids

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by SoandsoForumUser, Oct 23, 2021.

1. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Mangler server, Steam Fortress raid, approx half the raid experienced full crash to desktop while interacting with need/greed roll settings on the flags dropped by bosses. Resorted to rolling manually and passing them out for the rest of the night.
    Fanra, Yinla and Warpeace like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That happens a lot there due to the massive amount of quest drops found on a very wide range of mobs there.
    There is an issue with how much crap you have in the advanced loot window - and why I would love to see an extra filter added to Advanced loot for "always drop on corpse".

Whether I boxed there or grouped there I asked to be ML and I would manually drop any & all quest crap on the corpses while letting the "regular" loots roll, if anyone needs quest items they say so at the start and I pass them what they need until they are done.
    If you just set all the quest junk to roll it will after a while just start building up in volume and that is what is at the root of the crash - dropping that all manually is a pain in the backside but it's the only way to stop those crashes I have found.

ML on raids is a horrible job with that stuff, it was in Citadel of Anguish I first experienced how horrible ML can be on a raid when everyone already has a mask then you have to drop the masks over and over an over and over and you do get sick of that.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This is happening to our group on group missions and maybe even just killing trash stuff.

Most of the time no issue but occasionally we crash while selecting need/greed/always.
  4. Keella Journeyman

Changing filter settings in a group that has been running a while will often cause a crash, before you change filter settings ask/make sure the ML has cleared out (dropped on corpse) all the unwanted drops sat in the Advanced Loot window.