CoTF Names

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Brosa, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Brosa Augur

We are done with T1b progression and I swear have only seen one name spawn. Since gear upgrades have been minimal from RoF I really haven't paid much attention to how often names pop in these tasks. Now that the full set of T1 has been released I decided to make a list of worthy upgrades (short list mind you) and have kept my eye out for the names. Are others finding names to be highly uncommon in CoTF HAs?
  2. Shimmerleaf Augur

Anecdotal of course, but got named in each of the last 4 HAs we did in Tier 1a, and no named in the one Tier 1b HA we did this week.
    The random number generator can be fickle.
  3. Zaxamaphone Augur

The nameds I have seen spawn drop the same loot that you can purchase with marks.
  4. fransisco Augur

Seems to me like named in all the new instances are much more rare
  5. Orbital101 Augur

I was done with adept hunter the 01/24/2014 at 22:54:24 east just before the server crash. I had no problem to spawn nameds but 2 that took as long as all the other but its always expected with the RNG. If loot you are after just camp currency and take the nameds as a bonus. Every task should get 4 collectible to spawn. Looking for them at first can take aslong as the task it self but then you get the hang of it...but still slow you down.

I started by doing the task for the Mercenary achievement wich I usually always aim for first unless i have a feeling something in a open zone would be easier to do first while the zone is not to crowded.I would kill the named if they spawned then once I am done with all the mercenary zones I would pick a zone for Hunter depending my mood and the feeling I had doing it the first time.. I only had problem with 1 nameds of each Neriak theme, wiped once on Evoker at 1% because i was trying to get my bard rezed for the achievement update and Guard Captain because i had 2 adds with it. Dragoon and Rilen took between 18/12 HA to pop them... I was averaging a task( half the task) every 18min for Dragoon and 25/35 min for Guard depending the task layout coz my mercs was not assisting on the crystals/shards and they had quite a few hps.

This was done with my War,Cleric, Bard and 3 wiz mercs. You need to figure out what are your goals.. I started hunting the named if any then I was picking up the shinnies. After been done with my 3 toons and with 2 extra set of collectible for guild i was not even bothering looking for the collectible anymore or was tossing the taskadd to semi afk guildy to go look for them. Once I was done with the hunter achievement i went back to bixie and camped a Silken Trillium... I had a named every 3 HA to pop give or take for 9 hrs straight at 18/25min per, killed 11 nameds to get one to drop and droped off the only yellow con I got to spawn in a HA. This ratio is quicker then the norm but when it pass by I embrace it and tell my self I deserve it for the time I invested hunting something else for days/weeks/months!

I am sorry your luck is againt you but tomorow is a bright new day if not for you it will defenetly be for someone else but your day will come, dont quit! I know the feeling as it is not always bright my way!