Corruption Foci

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xnao, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Xnao Augur

Can this be moved to gloves or a cultural aug made for it?

Neither class that uses it has a glove focus and a class defining focus exclusively on all/all non vis just seems wrong.
  2. Trajet D'Or Augur

Shiny Metallic Gloves
    STR: +28+10 DEX: +28 STA: +36+13 CHA: +33+12 WIS: +35 INT: +31+13 AGI: +35+12 HP: +2696 MANA: +2890
    Focus: Galrok's Approach I (Cold)
    Class: NEC WIZ MAG ENC

Belt and Charm are the only open slots for non-cultural slot for Corruption. UF Shawl, Corruption Belt and Cultural Det Pres is worst case for shuffling if someone desires those 3 things. Cultural Corruption is pretty "easy" to add, especially with the 30% Emblem penalty gone for using 1 piece of Cultural armor.
  3. Jefferz Elder

That's a generic item. The regular necr- only gloves do not have a focus.
  4. Trajet D'Or Augur

Right and since generic items exist you "can't" overlap focus effects. The one current overlap on a single slot item (as opposed to rings and earrings) is Throwing Focus and it's a choice of giving Throwing Focus to more classes (Old Man McKenzie gear) or making generic chain or all/all gloves undesirable for Zerks (every other case).

And since it's a melee and caster focus it "shouldn't" even be a decision unless focused non-Zerk throwing is considered a class balance issue. Chain and even All/All gloves "should" have cold and throwing focus.

Assuming the RoF All/All experiment isn't considered a failure and rejected after one expansion cycle they will create a new conflict where each pair of silk gloves they have to decide between the Nec or Wiz focus and for all/all gloves between the Nec/SK or Wiz/Dru/Rng/Bst/Dru/Shm focus.
  5. Xnao Augur

Cleric/shaman arms have heal focus and everyone else has fire.
  6. Trajet D'Or Augur

Right, so Clerics and Shamans who get Aristo's Metal Armguards or Clerics with Beldron's Vambraces of Impiety need to wear any neck made since Fabled PoP for Heal focus. Aristo's being a perfect example of focus standardization where an item that can only be used by Priests has the standard for the slot Fire focus since Druids don't have a non-cultural alternative for Fire over the Heal focus which is generally a higher priority for all the classes that can wear those arms.

Meanwhile if Corruption and Cold Focus are only on Gloves, a Necro "can't" use Shiny Metallic Gloves.
  7. Noobieguy Augur

Because we need a cold focus? Putting corruption on gloves would be fine by me.
  8. Xnao Augur

Fuvi is saying if you wanted to use the generic gear, you would not be able to if you wanted a corruption focus.
  9. Noobieguy Augur

If that was the one item I couldn't use due to focus, I would be ok with that :p
  10. Xnao Augur

They could leave corruption on range and just add it to necro/sk gloves.
  11. Trajet D'Or Augur

You don't need a Cold Focus but with Emblems gone it opens up the possibilities for next expansion to include low tier silk armor last seen in SoF or even go really old school and have top tier armor that is silk or even all/all. It would be highly illogical to create a focus conflict on gloves and complicate silk and all/all glove focus.

Belt and Charm are the available slots following the "logic" that Range isn't acceptable:

Midnight Sunshard (Range) - All/All this seems wrong, please more the Corruption focus to another slot
    Dread Touched Gloves - All/All this is where I want it
  12. Trajet D'Or Augur

They could leave det pres on shoulders and just add it to Mage/Wiz Bracers.
  13. Xnao Augur

I sense that you are going fuvirage but tbh could put it on bracers. Could just make a 3rd nec bracer if you want to be cheeky.

My issue with corruption on range is that they made these pri/sec/rng items that I cannot use as range due to my focus. So the issue you are making into a big issue is already here.

Though having to convince 48+ other people to let you have your focus instead of them gaining a few stats is annoying too.
  14. Trajet D'Or Augur

You created a thread seeking a change, you need a reason for this change. Nec Gloves and Mage/Wiz Bracers having no focus is not likely reason enough for a change. Although you do have the Priest precedent of Arms/Bracer having no focus being a good enough reason to give them an additional source for heal focus on class specific gear.

Orb of the Crimson Bull has a focus on it which makes it quite desirable, changing that focus to a generic Corruption focus would be a substansial nerf. You should probably just stick with Twin's Beast Totem. In general Necros should avoid items with Symp mana procs even if they don't have Twin's Beast Totem and/or the Symp mana item has Corruption focus.
  15. Xnao Augur

Corruption focus on ranged is just bad. The only class definining focus on non vis is a pet ear, which is restricted to the classes needing it.
  16. Siddar Augur

No corruption focus choice on raid trade skill armor?

I've always been to poor to make those so I don't know.
  17. Trajet D'Or Augur

Det Pres is pretty class defining for Mage/Wiz. It's on non-vis and is not restricted to the classes needing it.

Det Pres on shoulders is just bad.

Once again, you're most likely going to need a more compelling reason for the Devs to spend time on moving Corruption focus, adding it to additional items and/or allowing gloves to cycle between cold and corruption focus same as bracers cycle between damage foci.

18 All/All raid items for Range slot with Corruption focus in RoF, it seems to be covered pretty well.
  18. Qbert Gallifreyan

Well, that's not true. Hate mod is on masks, which is also non-visible (but usually limited to only war/pal/shd . . . not always though).

Morover, I'm still miffed heal focus for paladins isn't on arms or bracer like clr/shm and dru got. Same issue you have, really.