Corpse targeting

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Adroxia, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Adroxia Elder

So it's been bugging me for a long time but does anybody have any tricks or answers as to why since TDS the player corpse targeting is so poor and unreliable now?

It seems completely random whether I can target dead players in a raid window, some I can and some I cannot. Even when the corpse is right in front of me.

Same with using /target name .... sometimes it picks them, sometimes it does not. And it's not because they are out of range, it's simply not targeting them any more.

It's been an annoying problem during raids for so long, I used to be able to spot dead people in a raid window and rez them, or even type /target name real fast and get them up. But now it's completely unreliable?

I know I'm not the only one, but wondered if anybody had answers or tips to get around it? Pretty please! :p
  2. Bigstomp Augur

I haven't heard any complaints but I think most people I know use the cycle corpse key vs direct targeting.
  3. Brudal Augur

The only corpse issues I'm aware of is on Captain Tita's Ghost 1 off raid when Berserkers die with a phasmia vitali targeted; the death triggers dying blow repeatedly which is reflected to the Berserker numerous times a second creating a players corpse's corpse's corpse's corpse's etc corpse. That corpse can not be dragged, called or resurrected requiring the player to release before any action can be successful.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

So you end up extra extra extra dead?
  5. roguerunner Augur

I just use the cycle corpse key to rez them. In Arx yeah the targeting is wonky for those corpses once you're inside the pyramid I agree.
  6. Rumstil Lorekeeper

Maybe the recent /hidecorpse changes are interfering?

Try /hidecorpse none

Curiously, my corpses now always seem to stick around after an XP rez (or at least when using /hidecorpse always)
  7. Quazie Elder

This is the face of melee in TDS!
  8. Brudal Augur

No, it is only a single consolidated corpse with only one experience loss thankfully. The most "Corpse's" Corpse I've seen was 15; I think it keeps killing your corpse while hovering trying to resolve the spell chain being created. If I had more than 180K hit points in delay death it would probably only leave a Player's Corpse. Is still annoying when a rez or call is wasted.
  9. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

[IMG]

Skizik is a berserker.

Re: OP, on my cleric my favorite way to target and rez corpses mid-raid is through the raid window. I agree it has been super broken for a while now - I can click their name or type /tar Soandso, neither works for targeting. The only way to target in some cases is by cycling through nearest corpses, which is really slow when you're in the middle of a wipe and want to rez someone important. Definitely in need of fixing. :)
    Nniki likes this.