Cooldown bugged

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Drayman, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Drayman Elder

This just started today. I noticed it with wounding blade. The button wouldn't press and when i stopped to look at what was happening in the logs the log entry stated that I could not use the ability again for 50 some odd minutes. This ability has about a 50 second cool normally. Then the problem spread to other abilities like carpace and mantle which have 7 and 15 minute cool downs respectively but give a similar message that can range from 20 to 50 minutes when you try to press them. The discs and abilities don't look like they are on cool down and do not activate.

Also I have spells that show grayed out on cool down for 15 to 20 minutes if you mouse hover over them. These usually have only a few seconds cool down. I found that I can actually cast them but they look locked out.

Screen shots below

What I have done so far is reboot my PC and patch my installation. I don't know if reinstalling the game would make a difference at this point because the problem strikes me as one that would be server side not client side.

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions or if I should make a further bug report somewhere.
  2. Drayman Elder

3. Metrav Journeyman

It may seem odd, but check your clock in your BIOS. Most issues with EQ time are hardware based. As long as your BIOS time matches your local time it should be fine. An hour here or there will mess with EQ, a discrepancy of 24 hours or more can lead to issues with internet browsers, so if you've had any of those as well, it could be the primary issue. Hope this helps.
    Drayman likes this.
  4. 123shamen New Member

yep i had same problem my batt for bios had died and upon shutting down the comp and restarting all my refresh times were a mess .reset time on comp all timers were fixed
  5. Drayman Elder

That was it. It never occurred to me. Thank you.