Contract of the Chosen

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mayfaire, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Mayfaire Augur

2. Mayfaire Augur

Maybe a dev or forum moderator has the answer? :)
  3. Brudal Augur

Supposed to lessen the zone effects from -20% to -10%, but has been posted that it is broken.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  4. Sanh Elder

There's too much mystery surrounding the shroud and contract...
    Pirlo and Mayfaire like this.
  5. Mayfaire Augur

Ok, thanks for the info! :)
  6. Warpeace Augur

Hard to say because as the zone buff reapplies its self you get a new buff and its random between 20 and 10% for myself. Supposedly using the Contract of the Chosen mercs is supposed to reduce the debuff from 20% to 10% an incentive to buy the more expensive expansion version.

I think the shroud is supposed to do the same thing. Would be nice to get an answer from those that should know.
  7. Silv Augur

Shroud/Contract changes "Decay" debuff to "Lesser Decay" In Crypt of Decay static zone (80% to 90% cap). In Crypt of Sul it adds one 'increment of protection' (3%) against the zonewide debuff (e.g. normally it's 70% cap base, with the contract it would be 73%). In PoHealth static zone (lol) it reduces the healing penalty from -20% to -10%.

So... it really only helps you out in Crypt of Decay; in Sul it's insignificant and no one kills in Health after they get their collection pieces. None of the debuffs are active in instances so the benefit is very little IMO.

Edit: The benefit is for the OWNER only. So if you have a merc in group, only the merc's owner will be protected. As a side note... you can project illusion the shroud as an Enchanter and give everyone in group the benefit.
    Iila likes this.
  8. Hellboy007 Augur

Pay to win... erks me still.
    Yimin and Fanra like this.