Continued Overcrowding for limited 40+ leveling

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Daykin, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Daykin Journeyman

Is there any chance this will be looked at too ? I mean we had the Kunark vote that has yet to happen, instances were supposed to solve it but it seems like they were scaled back so they spawn less.

Hopping around from oot to guk trying to find spawns or camps at 3am on RF and seeing everything dead is very disheartening. Of course part of this is a bard charm kiting 5 cyclops at a time, a 4 box mages farming AM/Lord/Hand for loot

No Kunark always meant 40-50 was gonna suck..but not even being able to find mobs hasnt been fun at all.

No..this is not all the time, and it has been worse since the most recent patch.

Please can we have some sort of level check instancing ? 30 people in OOT is fine...if its spread out over multiple islands, but 30 people on clops and gobs is a lot less viable.

If we won't be getting to vote on Kunark soon, is there a chance we could look at opening Jaggedpine ? It alleviate a lot of these issues on sleeper because it was a zone you could level to 50 in.
    Eldrian likes this.
  2. Avenrii Journeyman

They're performing load balancing (instances) on SolB, Kedge Keep, The Hole, and Permafrost. These zones are higher level and will provide more places for you to go.

If you're seeking more information, please check out the recent Raid Changes Coming in July thread.

In addition, Holly Longdale on Twitter has been cited that a vote to open Kunark early will come next week (there are also references buried in these complaint threads on these forums). I won't do the legwork on finding that one for you. If you feel that we need Kunark open, use your vote to that extent.

Happy hunting!
    sinderkad and Frenzic like this.
  3. Endtimes Elder

LOL, it's like you work here
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  4. Weverley Augur

Come to lockjaw.Got a wonderful group in lguk and there was plenty of groups along the way but still places to kill mobs.Many instances of it too.
  5. Warlorf Augur

Instancing the hole is what I'm looking forward to. Awesome zone for exp/loot
  6. Filnydar Journeyman

I'm looking for small group levelling spots ideas past level 30 in Classic : obviously, this excludes Lower Guk. Any ideas ?
  7. Elkay Augur

They really need to pop instances at 30 players, not 50, or at least vary it depending on the zone. High Keep isn't sustainable at 50. Not even close. Paw gets crowded over 30, too, but last night kept hovering in the mid 40s of people coming and leaving because of nothing to kill and no way to get another instance to pop because it never crested 50.
  8. Muramx Augur

I agree with this, and i don't think its 50 even if they say that I was in Lguk the other day and it had 5 instances in the mid 40's and one at 63... I waited for another instance to pop at a chance to get a camp and it never happened....
  9. Daykin Journeyman

Glad to see the vote is still happening since holly had said something I think two weeks ago and then all the attention shifted to raid changes.

Perma is not a high level zone by any stretch of the imagination, Sol B will help, but its also a very small zone. The hole is interesting but since its "technically" a tier 1 raid zone its not exactly a viable exp spot as much as it is a loot spot. Kedge...is Kedge

My best guess is the threshold was 40 before the patch this week ? That was working just fine in most zones, it was still pretty crowded..but it still worked. 35-40 seems to be the magic number. 45-50 is too high for these zones, everything is perma-camped with that many.

Obviously if Kunark releases early this will become a non-issue because there will be more leveling zones, and since they know how to make raid mobs only spawn in the base instance should have no problem instancing places like KC and Seb.

If no Kunark, if No Jagged Pine/Stonebrunt, please consider lowering the threshold for new instances on these zones that are spawning 6-7 instances right now and still not sufficing for regular exping.
  10. Elkay Augur

HK, Unrest and Paw were peaking low-to-mid 40s and not getting new instances added (HK and Paw staying at 1). I've spent more time running around trying to get a spot than actually XPing. It gets annoying after a while and I just log and do something else for a while.
  11. Avenrii Journeyman

I am not an employee and I can only quote what they've stated in the past. They could change their minds about the vote, though I doubt they would.

You bring up fine points about the zones. Whenever I think of Permafrost, I think of its depths around the giants instead of the majority of the zone. Besides these, you can still go to OOT for elite goblins! I am online right now and in pick 4, so there can be multiple groups out here.

I'm not going to stand here and praise the amount of high level opportunities we have in Classic versus the amount of players that are on the server. That wouldn't get anyone anywhere. I'm also not going to take a stance on Kunark. Instead, this is just what it was meant to be: information.

This may not be what anyone is seeking, but if you're looking for a group and you have a hard time getting into one, just try to strike up a conversation with me sometime and keep in touch. I may use the LFG tool, but if I know someone personally I will go out of my way to try and get them a group. I'm not biased -- you just have to fit the criteria (i.e. cc, dps, tank) and I am often the group leader.
  12. Vlerg Augur

Kunark will help lvl'ing from 40 to 50, but the same bottleneck will happen from 55 to 60; you'll be stuck fighting for the royals of chardok ( 1-2 group max). Drusella wing ( 1 group). lower part of seb (1-2 group). even those camps will have lots of light blues...

they need to get instancing of raid zones right before moving on to kunark.
    Katmandu26 and Nenake like this.
  13. Daykin Journeyman

Which is why instancing needs to be thought of on a per-zone basis more than just the whole zone. When you have zones that span large swathes of levels. OOT is the best example of this imo, the max number for that Zone versus the max number of Viable high level exp opportunities are very different.

I know its a delicate balance, but when you have solo classes as well it really complicates things with this many people around. I don't think "Well there's nothing to kill..so might as well take a break" should be something people are saying.
    Elkay likes this.
  14. Bumpkin Augur

I spent a decent amount of time this weekend in lguk leveling my alt and had no issues finding a camp or making a group. It can get busy at times but it's not nearly as bad as you seem to be claiming.
  15. Pikallo Augur

With all the instances of Guk mostly focused on the dead side - you can almost always find a good camp on the live side if you don't mind the faction. As a mage/druid duo I've gone from 40-47 on the live side with almost no camp-finding issues. High 30s and low 40s at minotaur elder area, mid 40s at priest/crusader and high 40s at king/tactician/herbalist. At least one of the 8 instances will be open.
  16. Arrk Augur

Yea.. it is not finding xp at those levels... .people want "prime" location spots. People need to suck it up... do you want to level... or do you want to sit around, twiddle you thumbs, and hope a spot opens.

Suck it up, buttercups.
  17. Nickatropolis Augur

I play on ragefire and it's not hard to find places to XP. Im only level 47 and I haven't even made it to the hole yet. Stop being lazy and play the game! Find a group, find mobs to kill, gain exp. It requires a little effort.
  18. Xanadas Augur

I have a 6 box crew in the late 40s. I've never had a problem finding an open xp grind camp. There are options. The server is fine.
  19. Daykin Journeyman

And the "suck it up" lovelies come by, I missed you guys.
  20. liveitup1216 Augur

There's tons of places to level. People keep complaining about the most popular spots being crowded yet places like solA or OoT elites or even Lguk live side are wide open.

On Ragefire. Primetime. Weekends.
    Nickatropolis likes this.