Constant LDs since patch

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Fell, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Fell Augur

Gone LD 5 times in 15 minutes since logging on after patch. And not the instant LD, but the far more annoying "can't move or do anything" for five full minutes, while your packet count slowly drops from 100% all the way to 0%.

Not a local router or N/W issue, as other boxes in the some house are unaffected.
  2. Cairbrae Developer

Please run LaunchPad and select Advanced Tools and then Validate Game Assets.
  3. Fell Augur

Thanks; tried that. It didn't find any files to update. I'm still getting the same issue: log in, and within anywhere from 30 seconds to 2-3 minutes, the server stops responding, and my packet indicator slowly starts counting down to zero.

Yesterday, after reconnecting 7 or 8 times, it seemed to correct itself. Today, I'm up to LD #5 already; will let you know if the same pattern recurs.
  4. Cairbrae Developer

Are you launching more than one eq client?
  5. Nekk Augur

Same thing happens to me multiple times throughout each and every day, especially in the middle of raids. Is really annoying and often gets me benched ... Cant cast any spells/aa's - they all lag out - have to /ex and relog back in, sometimes take up to 3 times to get past char select screen. When I do get to server select it says that EQ has timed out. This happens whether I am running multiple accounts or not.
  6. Fell Augur

No, just one. And today the pattern repeated almost exactly: 7 total LDs -- each occurring after anywhere from 10 seconds to 15 minutes -- followed by stability after that.

I'd chalk it up to a local n/w or machine problem, except for:
    (1) This machine hasn't had any software or environment changes for months.
    (2) The problem began precisely after Wednesday's patch
    (3) Another machine on the same network is unaffected.
  7. Windance Augur

We have 2-3 people who seem to always go LD during raids. Makes the raids extra spicy.
  8. MeowKitty New Member

I have been dealing with this issue since patch, also
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Is it a wireless or cabled connection?
  10. Fell Augur

Wireless, but another (also wireless) machine on the same router is unaffected. And I've experienced no other connectivity issues with other apps or remote services on this machine.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

I would try a cable, if feasible, just to be sure. I had issues like you're describing a few years ago. When I went from wireless to a cable it was all good after that.
  12. Fell Augur

FYI: re-installed the entire game from scratch, and the problem appears to be resolved. Not sure why the validate game assets didn't work, but this did.
    Cairbrae likes this.
  13. Nekk Augur

This is still occurring and is very annoying.
  14. Xion New Member

This has been happening to me also. This happens when things are busy such as in raids (most of the time) or the client can just stop responding when I go afk a bit. The client would stop all animations and my toon is not responding. It is surprising that I can type /ex and the client would shut down most of the time but that means several minutes of re-logging in. I think either the client or server dropped the connection, but the odd thing is that my ping meter is still at 100% with about 50ms response time.

I found a workaround that sometimes work by physically break the internet connection as in pull the network cable. If I do that, I can see the network meter dropping down and if I wait long enough, the client sometimes spring to life when I reconnect but not always. I even did a new install where all the config and ini file are all new.

Here is a sample log when the client just stopped during login.

Here is another one