Constant Disconnects While Boxing on Agnarr.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nagash101, May 28, 2017.

1. nagash101 Augur

Any help from other Boxers? I am getting disconnected constantly, 3 to 4 times a night, at this point. Agnarr is unplayable for me and that sort of sucks.
  2. Machentoo Augur

Use different hotkeys on different toons. Hit keys less frequently. Use your mouses more. IF you've tried that and still getting constant disconnects, congratulations, you are one of the few unlucky people who are just screwed.
  3. nagash101 Augur

:(
  4. nagash101 Augur

I have tried that. Different keys for different skills. i can get disconnected just mashing heals on my cleric. Only key i hit is heal key and it will disconnect me. i mean what the hell is that supposed to catch, a bad healer just mashing a key,
  5. nicemace Journeyman

Nothing will change. The best bet is changing up ya hotkeys as much as possible. I've had disconnections trigger off keys being pressed about 5s apart.

One thing I have noticed is that it will only happen once per zone. Knowing this, you plan and find a place to stay, trigger dc then reconnect then you should be good for the rest of the night.... Assuming you don't die or zone out.

Yep, I've had this happening for the entire duration of phinny
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  6. -Denizzen- Lorekeeper

^ That's not accurate. At least not on Agnarr. Personally tested. Keystroke check function does not care if you've been dropped before, zoned, etc.

I've also had to slow down, which is disappointing based on the setup I run. I specifically bought programmable num pads for my box account PC's to save desk space and make it easier to reach. I've actually dropped myself from hitting my autofollow key across the num pads too quickly.

My favorite is when I hit buff or nuke keys on my blasties simultaneous and people go "z0mg 3rd party software, REPORTED!!!!" :p It's almost like they forget I have 2 hands. Maybe these people have all suffered massive physical trauma and cannot press 2 keypads at once.

You just need to practice the timing, and know that if you get yourself into an "oh " scenario you're going to need a way out that involves less keystrokes in less rapid succession. Aka 8s chanter stuns, evacs, etc.
  7. Machentoo Augur

It doesn't matter if YOU have personally tested it. The truebox code does not work the same for all people. For a few lucky people, for reasons we don't understand, the threshold is much higher and the disconnects much more frequent.
  8. Risiko Augur

Your accounts/IP addresses have gotten flagged somehow which is making the code more strict towards you.

1. Turn off dynamic IP address assignment in your router
    2. Assign IP addresses manually to each of your computers
    3. Make sure that none of your hotkeys in Everquest are set to trigger more than 1 hotbar button (aka don't have it setup so that you trigger tracking and forage everytime you press your move forward button)
    All of this is just based on what my family has found as issues and ways to fix them when we get hit by the truebox code in our home. It may or may not work for you, but it has for us.
    Until DBG starts helping their paying customers fix these issues, we are stuck to helping each other. Sadly as some of us have found out in the past on Phinigel, DBG customer support will just call you a cheater and not help even if you send them video proof that you are actually using 2 computers, 2 keyboards, 2 monitors, and 2 mice (WITH 2 HUMANS PLAYING THE GAME EVEN). There's even a ticket out on their issue tracker site from a year ago with links to video proof on YouTube from multiple people running in to the issue. They simply do not want to help.
    Good luck sir.
  9. The Hated One Augur

Could be just mashing too. When the trubox started I would mash buttons(repeated tapping to make sure the spell went off) and would get DC'd. I didn't understand it at first and it would DC ALL our toons. Yeah...that pretty much made my wife punch me in the arm a few times eheh. So...now I am not a masher. The new melee auto slam etc function helped correct it too. I click much less than I used to. Us old school EQ folks KILLED keyboards eheh.
  10. Guzzle Augur

Changing your local IP will do literally nothing. About the only thing that might work locally would be to initiate a VPN on one computer to help compensate.
  11. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

DBG had already blocked a VPN service I was using, so commercial VPNs may not be an option for EQ (and certainly appear to be frowned upon, since they block some). But your mileage may vary, and may change over time.

Of course, doing so would be an obvious attempt to circumvent DBG's TrueBox code and would certainly seem to be a bannable offense.
  12. Guzzle Augur

Right, I wasn't intending to offer a suggestion to do something that would be bannable, but just illustrating why local IP changes don't mean much.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Is there a way to use a VPN for one EQ client on a system but not another client? I'm not aware this is possible (barring virtual machines which are illegal anyway), but maybe it is and I don't know. Don't see how this would bypass anything or be any kind of violation if you have two computers and use a VPN on one to prevent disconnects.
  14. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I'm not saying you shouldn't try it, I'm just saying (with a friendly smile) that unless DBG says otherwise, the TrueBox code is working as intended. Therefore, any attempt to avoid the disconnects (by VPN or any other means) would be de facto an attempt to bypass the TrueBox code, which is against the rules:

https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

"7.1. While playing or otherwise using the Daybreak Games, you agree not to:
    • Attempt to disable or circumvent any measures that we use to prevent or restrict access to our accounts, servers, databases, data, computers, and networks."
  15. Machentoo Augur

Yeah, that's about as against the rules as using gamparse. Good luck with seeing that enforced.
  16. Risiko Augur

Worked for me.
  17. Aziuno Augur

Ohh my gerd! DBG gotz my Subnetz IP!! Dey Blocking me!!!

This man has a Tinfoil Oversized Sombrero
  18. Risiko Augur

Facts:
    1. 2 computers ... 1 House ... 2 humans playing ... 2 everquest accounts
    2. During the Luclin expansion on Phinigel, truebox code went insane and no longer allowed us to play together in same zone, same time, same group... it would kick us off every single time
    3. We stopped playing EQ
    4. Agnarr server opened
    5. We decided to try again on Agnarr, and the same issue persisted
    6. As a last ditch effort, I turned off dynamic IP address assignments on my router, and assigned IP addresses manually for our computers
    7. Issue *IMMEDIATELY* went away. Not a day later. Not a week later. Not an hour later. The issue stopped happening the minute after I did step 6.
    Now. You explain it sir.
  19. Aziuno Augur

Sounds like you got a trash Router. Either hardware or Firmware.

As far as your IP goes, your ISP provides you an IP, in most cases that never changes unless your service cuts out for a few hours at a time. (You can't manipulate this usually by unplugging your modem either...)

Anything further downstream such as your subnet is not seen by DBG, and should not change your experience. I would speculate your issue is something within the router. This could be shown by the fact that changing your settings alleviated the issue.

Daybreak wouldn't ban/block IP ###.###.###.### Subnet 192.160.0.2, when they can just do your whole houses IP of ###.###.###.###

I am not denying that spamming keys quickly will get you disconnected, but that has been in the game since live, I remember having this happen in Black Burrow in 1998 when trying to learn Languages... Spamming that key too quick = DC.

I am also not denying that spamming keys across 2 PC's at 1/2 the rate would get you disconnected, because you are still sending the same packets per second.

So, either you have an issue where you are hitting a key much much too quickly and most likely it is doing nothing... (smashing for that back stab cool down for those 5 seconds when its not available is not going to increase your damage), or your router is not sending information as fluidly as it should be, and.. to be honest... i don't know much more about packet rates of routers, so I don't know how that could come in play... Either way, I have had 4 accts in the same house hold with no issue.

If your router is more than 2 years old, it needs to be retired.
  20. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I play up to 8 accounts on live, with broadcasting software that initiates multiple macros on all 8 at the same exact time, without any problem. I have boxed on live since 2000 or so (using multiple computers, initially). I never once had a disconnect of all my active accounts that was related to pressing keys too fast or simultaneously.

Until I played on Agnarr. I was mass-disconnected on Agnarr quite regularly for simply activating 1 spell on the second computer while autoattacking on the first. The worst part: it usually happened when I was grouped with other players or while raiding, so it didn't just affect me. It's just one of the reasons I recently left Agnarr.

Just pointing out that your "good" experience doesn't mean that everybody is having the same experience.
    Risiko likes this.