Conspiracy teory questions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by IblisTheMage, Jul 13, 2018.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

Tl;dr- silly passtime outrageously playing around with the lore related to Tsaph Katta

So, I have some days where I cannot do anything, so I am trying to grasp lore. Man there is a lot, and I am, as in all aspects of life, quite clueless :)

I have come up with these conspiracy theory questioms, in the spirit of silly summer fun:

Is Tsaph Katta some kind of artificial vampire? Has his followers in Katta Castellum survived 500 years through vampirism?

Is Solusek Ro is involved in the attempts to ruin Katta Castrum? The Pellarus-repair quests involves elementals, and ends with an efreet. Solusek Ro is the destroyer of Luclin (the moon) in the future (eq2). He is the good of the sun, which thematically is in opposition to vampirism. He is a friendly rival of prexus, who is thematically also represented in the threats to Katta Castrum (Water, Kedge)

Is the teaser eqresource has on his youtube channel, (a Taj Mahal-like building, like Solteris palace), implying that there is future content that involves dealing with the good of fire? Could it be on Luclin? (It looks flat and crater-ish).

Solusek Ro destroys Luclin in 500 years; but our time perspective could have been misled by Tsaph Katta’s followers claiming that the poisoning of Tsaph was about 50 years ago, while Serus followers has the true lead: the poisoning iwas indeed 500 years ago, so, could it be that Soluseks destruction of Luclin is imminent? Could it be to destroy a vampire led empire? Could the task of the adventures be to aid Solusek in the future? Could this bring EQ and EQ2 timelines closer together?
  2. Kolani Augur

I try not to think too hard about Tsaph Katta, every bit of the lore around him is contradictory. He's potentially a bigger mess than Mayong Mistmoore.
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

Are you saying Mayong is in the vampiric lineage of Katta? ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED! *ouee ouu oueee*
    Gyurika Godofwar and Kolani like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can't we just go back to TDS and just not help him!

EQ & EQ2 timelines should never cross again! EVER!
    IblisTheMage and Beimeith like this.
  5. Kolani Augur

Tsaph was easy to ignore in TDS when you had Una Lucem, worst EQ villain ever, monologuing for the entire expansion. Then they defeated her via a script, didn't even let players do it.
  6. Riou EQResource

Perhaps it's a Magical Plane :cool:
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

Actually, I was thinking that maybe there where two nested time speed changing subplanes inside each other, one aging the Inquisitors around Seru, the other shielding Seru from this effect. Like putting a treadmil on a train that is driving backwards.... :p

Why the hate for the EQ2 timeline? I would love for them to merge, it would open up for so many things...

In a EQNext lore video, there is a very similar story where Tsaph and Seru are elves, one becoming undead, there is a patricide, etc. They are not mentioned by name...

The Combine is of course modelled after the roman empire...

Gah why is there no Lore forum?

BRING BACK THE LORE FORUM! :)
  8. Kolani Augur

There's quite a few. It requires the campaign in Planes of Power to have been lost by the Norrathians to start with. It outright contradicts established EQ1 lore and adds unnecessary Mary-Sueish NPCs to the timeline (hey there, Anashti Sul).

I prefer to think of both EQOA and EQ2 lore as bad fan fiction just for the contradictions.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

Hehe

“Yes, I know it's "official" lore from EQ2, but I consider most new/contradictory EQ2 lore to have been pulled out of someone's lower orifice. Kinda like how my elf cleric soloed Rallos in Champions: Return to Arms. It was fun, but it didn't happen.”

Kolani, 2010, in archive forum regarding Anashti Sul...

I like the consistency :)
    Kolani likes this.
  10. Kolani Augur

I mean, I'm still cranky about the "missing continent" of Alaris. There's literally no place for a landmass that size to go on the globes of Norrath, not to mention that we've seen the planet from the frigging moon, someone should have been like, "hey, there's that shimmery part of the ocean that's strangely the size and rough shape of a land mass, but there's no land mass there." I'm still wanting a good explanation of why no one saw Taelosia from the moon too.

Plus I really, really don't like Anashti Sul.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

Magic? A Veil? The comtinents can be run from end to end in hours, so for me the suspension of logic isnt that big of a stretch.

So far the Anashti Sul character seems cool, but I probably haven’t seen the bad parts yet. I would not be very surprised if Anashti Sul is somehow involved with Mayong’s undeadiness, and thus drawing a lineage to Tsaph... but I am still very early in my Lore reading...
  12. Boze TLP complaint factory

The only zone geometry it reminds me of is Jewel of Atiiki, which coincidentally has efreetis, which matches up with one of the other bits of info I've seen somewhere on here. I'll add it if I find it... I remember someone saying something about an efreeti-ish alternate currency?
    IblisTheMage and Riou like this.