Consistent crash to desktop when selecting server.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Navi, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Navi New Member

Quick list of things ive tried.

Uninstalled and reinstalled in multiple directories via normal EQ installer, installed via STEAM, updated all drivers, complete DDU wipe of GPU drivers and clean install. Firewall excemption. No AV... Windowed ini setting set to TRUE, Set CPU to 1 from -1

High end PC, 7800X3D, 64gb RAM, gen3 nvme, 3090 nvidia

When pressing play to select a server my game closes before even getting the loading splash screen. One out of maybe every 30 tries it will work.

Any and all games outside of EQ work fine.

I out of curiosity moved EQ to a USB drive and launched the exe from there. It works EVERY time... Obviously this isn't a permanent solution but maybe someone has an idea or solution for this!?

I realized I posted this in the wrong section as well. (Linked below if you want to clean that post up)

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/consistent-crash-when-selecting-server.297692/
  2. Metanis Bad Company

I'm too lazy to go back and find them for you, but check year-old posts in the Player Support section of these forums. Your problem was a common one for a time and some solutions were found. I think you already tried to implement one of them with the Windowed INI setting but it seems to me there was another setting which needs to be manually implemented in the eqclient.ini file.

Edit to add, I reviewed my eqclient.ini file and my old foggy memory says it was
    [VideoMode]
    BitsPerPixel=32

But I may be totally wrong since you can run from a USB stick. I find that odd.
  3. Navi New Member

This did not work.

I was able to grab the dmp log before it was cleaned up in half a second....

Error 0xc0000005
    The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
  4. Navi New Member