Confusion about Wizard Ward of Destruction.

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Morigaine, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Morigaine Elder

I had an interesting occurrence that I don’t understand this weekend in Darkness Howls in GMM that I’m hoping someone can explain. During the quest stage where you must kill 10 orcs who scale down the wall, we typically agro them at the top and just pull all 10. After the pull arrives the wizard uses the ward AA for some incremental damage on the pack. Upon killing all of the mobs, we run up to the supply platform to start the next stage. At this point, the wizard has a pack of rats chasing her so I assumed the ward just blasted a rat and a small train formed during the run. However upon reaching the top supply area, the cleric mounted and then got dismounted with a message that the wizards ward had killed the clerics mount. He remounted and it killed the mount again. This struck me as bugged and strange because the ward should be immobile and the supply bay is no where close to in range of the area we pull the wall climbers to. Then the killing of a player mount compounded the strangeness. Is ward bugged or is there just a mechanic I obviously don’t understand?
  2. kizant Augur

It sounds like a feature since mounts are dumb.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

It's pretty simple. If you stray to far from any of the wards when placed, they will follow you (or at least warp closer). You can try it in PoK … cast your ward and run around the zone. At a certain distance, it warps to you.

Wards haven't been immobile for a long time (if ever?) … but my memory is the first thing to go ...