Confused Player regarding TLE Servers

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Caiss, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Caiss New Member

So between all of the TLE servers what makes each server unique? From what i have gathered this is what i know:

Rage: Boxing allowed.
    Lock: Boxing allowed. (not sure what difference is between Rage/Lock)
    Phinny: Timed Releases with True boxing and raid instance.
    Agnarr: Have not heard much but it only goes to PoP (reason why?) Heard rumor of increased exp rates also. True boxing.

Was thinking about coming back for Agnarr but i did not play alot of EQ1 live servers and very limited play time on Phinny. If anything i was going to wait until Agnarr but i wanted to know the reasoning behind PoP unlock.
  2. Reht The Dude abides...

People have been asking for a PoP locked server for years; many look back at that as the around the end of the golden age of EQ (i don't hold this believe so don't beat me up for it). Lockjaw was opened to handle the incredibly high population of Ragefire, the only difference is the unlock speed.
    Caiss likes this.
  3. Razzle Augur

No difference between Lock and Rage except population.

Agnarr is locked at PoP/Ldon during EQs golden years because there are a large number of veterans that only like this time period in EQ. Also with in being a lock server people dont fall behind because of endless xpacs that open continuosly like on live, which is ideal for people with limited or uncertain playing times. It will have the exp rates similar to Ragefire and be Truebox with instancing.

Hope that clears that up for you.

https://www.everquest.com/news/agnarr-progression-server-faq-may-2017