Confused about different attitudes towards Nagafen kill.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Itzmatt86, May 31, 2015.

1. Itzmatt86 Elder

Ragefire launches (successfully) on May 21st. First Nagafen kill is more than 50% mages on May 24th.

Lockjaw launches on May 29th. First Nagafen kill is more than 50% mages, on May 31st.

So Ragefire downs Nagafen and it is treated with hostility.

Then Lockjaw downs Nagafen faster, with more people, and gets praised for it.

I fail to see what difference there was.
    RetronX likes this.
  2. Aaramis Augur

Resignation to the cheesiness of the Mage swarms.

The first time is always the biggest outrage; after that, it's more of a /sigh.
  3. xakanrn Augur

where is the praise lol
  4. Rauven Augur

What I don't understand is the hostility to mages directly. Why aren't people more ticked off that Nagafen was defeated in seconds by zerg tactics?

I understand people love their nostalgia. But there is nothing nostalgic about Nagafen just being zerged. I remember having to have good equipment in the way of fire and magic resist to take him down. As well as junk buffing the first four slots so HP and resist buffs aren't dispelled.

So why is everyone against the bosses being buffed? Why can't they have more HP at the very least so their current mechanics can somewhat be experienced? We do way more damage nowadays than back then (even melees). So a HP increase wouldn't be too far fetched.

Personally I'd love to see them have 100th level raid mechanics. As I've said before, EQ players love to claim they are better than other MMO's players. But we're reluctant to prove that fact. Instead our go to tactic for named and bosses is to zerg them.

We have two options:

1. Ask for harder content.
    2. Admit we're not as good as WoW players.

I choose 1. What do you all choose?
  5. xakanrn Augur

why must WoW always come into the equation?
    their problem if they downed dragons in 2 days.server still gonna be rolling for 6 months .wonder how long before they are fed up of the farming and then rest of us can have fun.
    i will vote no if a vote is called before 3 months personally because i careless to make people who smash end game in 2 days happy because they are bored.
    hopefully others will too
  6. Protocol Dragon Defender

People don't use mages because they Nagafen, they use them because they level the fastest. We've done Nagafen a ton of times in ways you'd consider more legitimate and I can tell you this was harder than all the standard Nagafen kills I've done.
  7. Glistarian Augur

One guild raced to kill Naggy so they could brag about DOMINATING!!!!!!! a server.

The other guild invited other people to join in the fun.

Not a lot of mystery here why one is more popular than the other.
  8. Hateseeker Augur

Isn't all pre-instanced (in this case, I refer to raid instancing for its aspect of being tuned for capped amount of players) raid content zerg content?
  9. Mrs_Brisby Elder

Really? Wheres the bragging?
  10. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I think it's great, what's to complain about?
    Kylatia449 likes this.
  11. Ferry-Tunare Augur

When I started leading raids I zerged Naggy and Vox. Back then I didn't know any better and we would sit for hours gathering enough people. It usually took all Saturday night and then at the end we would all charge together. Lady Vox gave 2 blues of regular solo experience to a level 52. I know this because on one of our attempts I was the last man standing. #EpicFeeling At one point we were convinced they were upgraded because we had multiple fails. On the 7th week we gathered and gathered and gathered until we steamrolled her to victory.
  12. Numiko Augur

The reactions do seem different, maybe because the groups who got the kills vary in overall goals (or so it seems so far)

where ragefire is like this:

Lockjaw is more like this:

not saying either way is better or worse, just different.
  13. Rauven Augur

Would you prefer Rift, Tera, The Old Republic, Star Trek Online, Archeage, Lineage, Final Fantasy 11/14, Elder Scrolls Online, Fallen Earth, Wildstar, Guild Wars, Dragon's Prophet, or some other MMO?

Point is, EQ players always speak about how hardcore they are in the general chat. I want to see just how good they really are. I know I'm up to the task, I can master any role I play. There's some that have been at this even longer than I have, so I don't see an issue with having a challenge.

Besides, if the bosses were tougher, then players would need to spend time gearing. Right now, gear has no meaning. You can throw enough of any class 40+ at the dragons and down them. Yet that doesn't upset anyone? I'm calling foul on the community for wanting to keep the content easier than a current gen Dorito-eating, mountain dew chugging, millennial-friendly MMORPG.
  14. Tarrin Augur

Meh at this point its just funny. Want to be part of server first kills? Better roll a mage. Or be friends with a lot of mages.
  15. Ultrazen Augur

The attitude of the Lockjaw kills, vs the attitude of the Ragefire kills. The Lockjaw kill was inclusive, and to me, in the 99 spirit of everquest, when people in general were a bit more civil.

To me there is a night and day difference in the attitude on the 2 servers. Ragefire seems to have a *lot* of self esteem problems manifesting themselves with in game validation. Lockjaw tends to have people that laugh and help each other. I prefer the latter.
    Kylatia449 likes this.
  16. Liquid Augur

Is this based on in game or via the forums? Because in game it's a completely different world. Ragefire has been a friendly, helpful, community thus far. So the self esteem is a blanket label that unfairly represents the server.
    Frenzic and SuedeVeil like this.
  17. RetronX New Member

Just some alts patting themselves "singular" on the backs, I wouldn't worry too much about it and apparently they "singular" got beat by other alts "singular" the first time and decided to make a scene.

Let's just file this under "alt wars" and enjoy EQ for what it is and be glad we can actually enjoy progression without being seemingly pushed by a non-existent force to attain the golden apple and be able to actually enjoy the company of others, cause you know, there is finally some population to do so and that is kinda the point.
    Kylatia449 likes this.
  18. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

Compared to how povar was sometimes when I started in 01, ragefire is downright saintly. I've had no problems with anyone on rf so far outside of the forum posturing. I even get along with the tl folks. Don't let forum crap taint your views on the server pop as a whole, cause 95% don't post here
    Frenzic likes this.
  19. Katmandu26 Augur

I'll add to that. I'd heard LJ was more civil and RP friendly and after listening to general chat for a few hours this morning and for a bit last night, headed back to Ragefire. I had a much better experience on Ragefire and will be playing there.
    Frenzic likes this.
  20. Nenton Augur

Because you were absurdly under leveled for it? Why even attempt this with a bunch of half leveled pet classes other than to show how broken this game is?