Computer Advice

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Deillusional, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Deillusional Augur

I thinking of getting a new computer, are the new intel i7 cpus still ok not to mess on with the bios for the game running too fast bug?

I thinking of:

INTEL® Core™ i7-5930K Six-Core 3.50 GHz 15MB INTEL Smart Cache LGA2011-V3
    GeForce GTX 970 4GB

Thanks for any advice you can give me.
  2. Riou EQResource

Isn't that issue only with AMD CPU's?
  3. Deillusional Augur

I believe so, but unsure hence the question.
  4. Sarkaukar Augur

AFAIK the issue is only with AMD CPU since it is not only the CPU multiplier that is changed but also the front side bus speed. AMD bus speed (Hypertransport Reference Clock Speed - HT Ref Clock in mhz) can run to 230mhz+ but when running EQ, regardless of the CPU multiplier, ya get the weird game stuff. It needed to be set to 199/200 and CPU to 4.2 or less. One player uses a AMD Overdrive program to set both when playing EQ so he does not have to boot into BIOS to change it.

Just posting the link the above player's thread for any who land here with SOE search engine :)

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/eq-amd-fx-help-or-fix-please.212991/

But to answer the other question, I have not heard of any players having any Intel speed issues, and any who did simply changing the Power Options in the control panel to Best Performance.