Compliant Lurch

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Quandary, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Quandary New Member

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but...

Was there any explination as to why this spell was basically removed in the new expansion. It no longer seems to effect mobs over lvl 100. This was a staple spell for myself, excellent for position mobs during raids and a viable way to molo with. Just wondering if I missed somewhere that they explained why were now no longer being able to use this?
  2. RPoo Augur

Gave it to pallies, I think.
  3. Ravengloome Augur

They nerfed Compliant Lurch, Because It was being abused apparently.

But yeh Paladins have had a version of it for quite awhile.
  4. Brohg Augur

Been capped at 100 since a couple months after introduction in Underfoot because it was trivializing some raids.
  5. sojero One hit wonder

What was happening with it was if you had multiple pops on a raid, you could have a chanter CL it and a knight agro it and then you can deal with adds one at a time with neither the knight or chanter taking damage. It allowed you to have less healing as long as you had more enchanters.

I remember it being used a LOT during HoT era.
  6. RPoo Augur

Wasn't too useful when the mobs were always warping out of lurch range
  7. sojero One hit wonder

we never had that issue, I remember me and 3 chanters keeping adds on lock down on the clock raid in HoT.
  8. Nenton Augur

And instead of putting a no-raid flag on the spell (scalpel approach) they imposed the level limit instead (customary hatchet approach) nerfing the spell into uselessness for the group game as well as the raid game as we leveled.

I used to use it to move mobs which were positioned stupidly by my overly eager tank merc. Now when a mob ends up in a bad spot I get to sigh and think about how bards got an un-level-capped AA version to pull mobs into themselves right before enchanters got the shaft. Elidroth said he would look into getting enchanters an AA version like the bard's during an AA chat but then did a 180 saying there were too many movement abilities in the game, leaving enchanters with nothing to replace any part of Lurch.

Also, It was nerfed shortly before RoF released, not a couple months after the spell's release in UF. In other words, years later like most nerfs where the players get used to using their abilities only to have them taken away.

I'm not still bitter or anything... arrgh.