[Compiling List] RE: Old Weapons into Ornaments

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dhurgan, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Dhurgan Augur

These all have multiple requests. If you see a nomination you like and haven't said anything, make sure you post or private message me and I will add a vote to that weapon.

Code:
    Blade of Pure Light                    4
    Smoldering Jagged Longsword            3
    Bulwark of Bravery                     3
    Izuliard, Bastardsword of Fear Itself  3
    Polished Verdant Blade                 3
    Blade of the Cursed                    2
    Sekv, Blade of Glacial Fury            2
    Verdant Curved Blade                   2
    The Crippler                           2
    Scindio                                2
    Dreamfall                              2
    Tranquil Staff                         2
    Verdant Heartpiercer                   2
    Eshtoma likes this.
  2. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

The lack of stabby things makes me a sad rogue.
  3. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Brumal Fists of Whirling Sleet
    Jagged Bone-Handled Ice Reaver
    Greatstaff of Power
    Ethereal Destroyer
    Time’s Antithesis
    Wand of Temporal Power
  4. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Honestly, it might not be a bad idea to take the top .. i dunno, 5? 7? for each type of weapon. H2H, 1HP, 1HB, 1HS, 2HB, 2HP, 2HS, Bow, and Shield. That way folks that use different types of weapons would have options, too. Cause, I mean, I'm not going to put a slasher ornament in my daggers - it doesn't look right to me. Any that had fewer, the options could be spread out to the other types. IE, If there's two whole 2HP weapons that get a mention, then the other 3 (or 5, or whatever) options would be doled out to the other types that had more suggestions.

Just my thoughts =D
    Goburs likes this.
  5. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Feel free to add greatstaff of power to the list, I’m a 2nd vote for that.

Ethereal Destroyer should be auto added, nothing else like it ingame.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Veltar's Staff of Tranquility
    Possessed Dreadstone Master's Katar
    Fist of the Master
    Fist of Shadow
    Blessing of Solusek Ro
    I am sure there are other's that I would like, but it is more work than I'm up for to find actual appearances for a lot of the weapons.
    Not in anyway possible in EQ, without significant rewriting of code and/or the entire database. EQ's database structure and coding in general is completely different from more modern games like EQ2 and WoW, so such options are not simple solutions in EQ.
    Goburs likes this.
  7. Bobokin Augur

That is a nice graphic.

I am partial to realistic graphics rather than the glowing translucent graphics that were added to EQ when Star Wars Galaxies was released.

The oversized 2 handers that look straight out of Korean games don't belong either.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

Oversized 2 handers that look straight out of Korean games don't belong either.

Any examples? While I have been sad at times they didn't let me use my favorite graphics. Lots of options were available.
  9. Bobokin Augur

I'm not sure what the question is.

There was a time when "old" Hero's Forge was released that the devs wanted EQ to look more like WoW with the fatter armor and oversized weapons and shields. It wasn't a good fit.
  10. Tutankamen Augur

I know lots of people have mentioned ALL the sky weapons

but going to specifically name Skyreach [IMG]here just in case:
    Braveheart likes this.
  11. Visitor Augur

I am probably late to this forum, but, I would like to see a few novelty items, -- a Stein perhaps, Saltwater Cannon, and maybe some other such items, make them primary or secondary, in anything that can have such an augment. I have forgotten how many items might get done, and course depending on response, whether more would be done in future.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

I still wear the "old" boots on all my toons.
  13. Sobmre Augur

[quote="Xianzu_Monk_Tunare,

Not in anyway possible in EQ, without significant rewriting of code and/or the entire database. EQ's database structure and coding in general is completely different from more modern games like EQ2 and WoW, so such options are not simple solutions in EQ.
    [/quote]

They said it wasn't possible to make bags bigger then 10 slots a few years ago too, but i guess you know how eq works
  14. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It's not possible without a significant code rewrite, that much is fact, check the thread where we discussed it with Ngreth commenting also. Coding lessons in there too if needed. ;)

Which is what bigger bags took, coding changes.

Pretty simple for any of us to 'know how EQ works' enough to figure this one out.
  15. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I find it hard to vote for a weapon without being able to see it. Lots of the ZAM links don't have screenshots. Please provide pics for suggestions here or submit the pics there.

It seems like popular particle weapon groups are the RoF T3 raid Verdant set (green), EoK raid set (purple), and EoK ultra-rare Sky set (blue). That's a lot of weapons right there, though.
  16. Bobokin Augur

I feel bad for you.
  17. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Call me crazy, but I've always wanted ornaments for lightstones, zlandicar hearts, glowing black stones, and rokyl's channeling crystal.

ESPECIALLY the lightstones/zhearts and especially if the lightstone, zheart, and glowing black stone ornament would be usable for 1handed items AND for shields. I would completely dual wield them. Skeletons look so cool those ornaments.
  18. Waitwhat Elder

+1 for Tranquil Staff
  19. Waitwhat Elder

I bet they can do it.
  20. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

How much are you betting? And when is your payout date? I'll take that wager regardless.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.