Community Resource Council is Relaunching!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jan 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazint Augur

You can run this from console for text areas. Mine looked like it submitted fine.

Code:
    for (var i=8; i<17; i++) $($('div.inputCont')[i]).html($($('div.inputCont')[i]).html().replace('<input', '<textarea').replace('<span', '</textarea><span'))
  2. Jordis Augur

I hit the verification button too soon and it kept resetting then wouldn't let me click it to submit. I copies all the answers into a document the copied and pasted it in after resetting it. Since I wanted to keep a copy I probably should have just started with a document with the questions and done the initial answers there instead of the other way around.
  3. Accendo Guest

We teamed up with Votigo for other, more important reasons, and then decided we'd do our best to make the CRC app process more centralized and accessible by our communications team in one place.
  4. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Submitted my application, but boy... that form needs work. Sheesh.
  5. uberkingkong Augur

Are you saying they should not have an excuse for not having A+ UI and configurations for changes?

I applied to Oracle a year ago, very bad application process, felt like it was from 2000s. Actually, I did not apply, the process was chaos. Therefore, a big company such as Oracle should be A+ application process, but it was an F to me. Too much database gathering on applicants using an old system/UI/framework rather than, trying to get someone for the job.

I think newer companies, startups, have better application processes, better UI, using the hot languages, etc. than major companies using there ancient UI. Old companies, it asks for information already in your resume all over again. Newer companies, quick apply, attach resume and that's it, or attach resume and answer these questions (about the role/job, not "what year did you graduate college?" then submit.

I think they will read, it determines the situation, this doesn't seem like HR is reading this, its marketing team or someone like that reading this. HR will probably do what you mentioned, but if its a marketing team, they usually look at every single detail. They may glance over things that people have in common and they see over and over again.

This is a data gathering and help them plan EQ in the future, this is marketing team looking for focus group. They will read the applicants the people they want for the focus group.
  6. Rolaque Ancient

I love it. So much whining about a form for a volunteer position. Seems like lots of folks can only criticize and not work with what they are given.
    Yara_AB and Bitten like this.
  7. Kazint Augur

I wouldn't trust anyone to give reasonable feedback if they don't point out the obvious problems in that UI.
    Fenthen and Zarzac like this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It is what it is. It seems to be an issue with the provider.

We are at the point where most would not want to scrap the entire process because of the form, pay $$$$ for another provider, and delay for another year.

I kinda think people should be brief with their descriptions (as with most resumes and job apps). Long, drawn out responses can be a bit much or allude to concealing issues.
  9. Nniki Augur

It looks like the paragraph responses were updated to use textareas, so all good now.
    Kazint likes this.
  10. Kazint Augur

I don't disagree with that but it would be weird if nobody mentioned the problems with the form and weirder still to see someone post that they loved the broken version.
  11. Accendo Guest

This has been updated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.