Communication between instances

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Raynard, May 28, 2015.

1. Raynard Augur

Maybe there is a way to do this and I missed it, but we need to be able to communicate between instances of the same zone on a large scale. I suggest adding a chat channel that autojoins when you enter any instance of that zone. This would make LFG and groups looking for more much easier.

So for example, everyone in everfrost1-4 would all /join everfrost automatically. This will be even more important for higher level zones.

General and continent channels fill way to quickly to be useful for this purpose.
    Fallfyres, Zujilli and PathToEternity like this.
  2. Darkening Lorekeeper

This is a good idea you have...
  3. Vaclav Augur

I've suggested similar Ray, lets let them get the full basics out before tagging on extra bells and whistles that might cause issues though.
  4. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

chat servers cap at 400, I don't think there is a way for them to get more then 400 ppl into one channel. would have to have a devs word on that tho..
  5. Glistarian Augur

One good way to enable everyone in a zone to easily communicate would be to not have instances.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. Raynard Augur

But given that they do exist, don't you think this would be better than isolating the instances completely?
  7. Rhodz Augur

Doesnt the LFG tool work across all instances?
    If it does doesnt that make more sense than fooling with that buggy chat server?
  8. Vaclav Augur

One good way to be a productive poster is to use constructive reasoning rather than reductive reasoning.

Lots of things become simpler if you remove people or pieces from the equation. You know what could make this entire problem way easier? Lets remove the ability to fight from Everquest - everyone just walks around in a giant virtual chatroom and doesn't fight anything - there, content issues completely solved!

That "wonderful" solution has as much logic as your continued posting diarrhea.
  9. Vaclav Augur

It does, but for example /who only reports the zone someone is in, not the instance number (unless I've missed it capturing instance number) etc.
  10. Glistarian Augur

My, aren't you salty.
  11. Greymere Augur

yup streamlining chat channels between instances, making it so zoning places you in the same version as your group leader along with adding a lockout timer to /pickzone every time you enter a zone are all things that could be updated for convenience later.
  12. Vaclav Augur

You've been posting the same stupid nonsense fighting against the obvious tide, to undo things that are already done. But apparently that's "not salty" - and calling you out on it is...

Funny how that works - it must be interesting to be mentally ill.
  13. Glistarian Augur

Did you learn personal insults on debate team?
  14. Bolten_DA Augur

R E L A X ...lol the power to ignore people you disagree with is a great thing!
  15. Fallfyres Augur

---------------
    Yes Glistarian, prudent point. Let us just hope the devs already see that as they go forward with more of these 'instances' that communication is there for all the joe's and jane's who will be slightly upset when/if they cannot 1) get into the same instance the group is in which invited them and 2) even be able to communicate to that instance to give them their sincere apologies for not showing up.
  16. Vaclav Augur

I have a temper issue when it comes to being forced to repeat the same thing to someone over and over. I also have a temper when it comes to hypocrisy. [And note, in debate team you'd have been carded after the third or fourth repetition without moving on or approaching from a different angle - saying the same thing over and over like a talking head on FOXNews isn't debate, you seem confused what debate is if you think you've been debating at all]

You hit on both conveniently. (Especially the "salty" part - you're crying about them instancing, yet me mocking you for it is ME being salty... funny that with all the salty tears of "but mom, I don't want instancing *stomp, stomp, stomp*" that you've been doing)

Fallfyres for example seems to share your sentiments - but at least they try to make cogent arguments and varies how they discuss them to actually generate discussion.
  17. Glistarian Augur

No one is forcing you to do anything, Hoss.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  18. Baldur Augur

I would settle for being able to see what instance you are in when doing a /who, but being able to communicate to all instances would be nice as well.
  19. Vaclav Augur

[IMG]

That is an actual circumstance I fall into at least a few times a week - I don't mind different opinions, however I do despise opinions formed without understanding both sides of an argument.

I dream of a world where everyone is intelligent and looks at everything with cold logic - its an ideal even I don't reach - but it's one I strive for nonetheless.
    Fallfyres likes this.