Coming back for a bit

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Reminiscing, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Reminiscing Journeyman

Hey, been a long time. Thought I would come back and play the game from the beginning. I have some serious classes in college so my time is limited and was wondering what solo/merc combo would be best for someone who doesn't have time to grind. My first thought was make a cleric and let my merc tank beat up on stuff but I don't want to end up medding all the time when my play time is already limited. Suggestions?
  2. Borek-VS Augur

It is true that pure melee level faster to 70: but they slow down after that. The trick (or catch, as you prefer) is that any class wants just a tank merc to 60+ as the fastest way of killing. You can make any class work, but traditional solo classes like mage and necro are probably the easiest to level.

Changes in the past couple of years have also made high end levelling much more quest oriented, with repeatable quests givinh large amounts of exp. Even from 20+, the hot zone quests give a lot of exp.

Plan your levelling around: Gloomingdeep tutorial with tank merc, Hero's Journey and hot zones, with Defiant gear. The Hero's Journey dries up a lot past the 70s, before you get into current content, so that's the gap that needs the most thought.