Collection requires collectors edition?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pikollo, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Pikollo Augur

I'm new to the whole collection thing and RoF. I picked up a shiny today and it said I had to have the RoF collectors edition. Can you even buy the collectors edition anymore? And is it even worth it? Seems like this is something that should be unlocked since the expansion is older.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It's a minor thing, done as a way to grant the collectors edition players a small extra bonus.

Several of the collectors editions HAVE been made available from the marketplace in game, House of Thule & Veil of Alaris so far so there is a reason to think that other editions might become available too.

All depends on whether those prior re-released editions sold enough to make releasing more make sense though.
  3. Captain Video Augur

If memory serves, there are 60 collection sets in RoF, five in each zone. None of these require the Collector's Edition. There is >one< additional collection of 10 or so items which are spread all over the expansion. To complete that collection, you need one item that can only be obtained if you buy the collector's edition. The reward is simply a little XP, a little AA, and an achievement. To me, not a big deal. YMMV. It might be worthwhile to lobby devs to make these specific missing items for sale in the marketplace for like 250 DBC, so you can actually complete the task, but it's anyone's guess how receptive they might be.

EDIT: I correct myself, I had to look it up. It's four collections per zone, plus an extra achievement per zone for completing the set. So I was thinking of five achievements per zone. :)
  4. Kartis-Coirnav New Member

Never would I thought EverQuest would have so many micro transactions, and now you can’t even use items without collectors? Sigh
  5. Qbert Gallifreyan

This one collection set provides no benefits beyond the one-time 2% experience or whatever it is set at. It is not tied to anything else, and achievement points have always been completely useless in and of themselves. If you don't want to deal with it, never pick up red shinies. All other collectibles in every expansion are yellow.
  6. Pikollo Augur

Thank you guys for the replies. If its useless i won't worry about it. Seems like a dumb thing to have behind a pay wall with no benefits.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You basically summarised the majority of the collector edition rewards right there :p

Most of them are really just flavour things & provide a way for players to support the game (AKA giving them more money)
    Yinla likes this.