Coldain 3.0 upgraded aug choice for dru

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Dangercat, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Dangercat New Member

Wondering if any vet druids out there can help me out with which is the better choice of ugraded coldain 3.0 aug for a druid; i.e., should i grab caster version for the effect or gk with priest version. I noticed a while back a druid had posted grab caster and i figured the effect must be real nice to give up both heroic wis and the healing effect. Finally gettin around to doing my coldains since have brells shadow rotting in bank, and wanted some feedback on this before i get to that point in my progression.
  2. Brohg Augur

Both shawl procs return 250 mana. The healer version adds a small group heal, the caster version adds either +600damage or, if that damage isn't used, like if you're casting healing spells or debuffs, another 250 mana.
  3. Iila Augur

Priest Shawl:
    Brell's Sacred Soothing Wave (250hp group heal)
    -> Brell's Sacred Invigorating Relief (+150 mana/tick)
    Max mana return per a min: 1500

Has Hwis, so it increases your mana pool a bit.

Caster Shawl:
    Brell's Sacred Chromatic Strike (+600 dmg to a nuke) 12s duration
    + Brell's Sacred Invigorating Relief (+125 mana/tick)
    -> Brell's Sacred Invigorating Redress (+250 mana, if no nukes are cast)
    Max mana return per a min: 1250 + (250*5) = 2500

If you're only healing, the caster shawl will return more mana total. If you're mixing in Remotes or other nukes, then you only need one 12s period without nukes every couple minutes to break even compared to the priest shawl.

The group heal and bonus damage are both mostly useless fluff. But the group heal proc can pick up unwanted aggro, so you're a little safer without it.

All that being said, I switched to a caster shawl on beta to try it out. It worked out fine for me. Then I never switched over on live because I kept forgetting and/or was too lazy.
    Lonye likes this.
  4. Dangercat New Member

Thanks you two, looks like ill go with caster version. Cheers
    Lonye likes this.
  5. TillasX New Member

The caster effect is good, the priest effect is bad. Before I switched, I was constantly taking it out to avoid getting unnecessary aggro and combat timers. Also, it should have the hWis added to it, and no item should ever have either hInt or hWis but not both, they go hand-in-hand forever and always.