Coirnavprogress.com | Velious Tracking

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Miena, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Kahna Augur

You remembered their names, and you didn't even need a list. The list doesn't show anything more then their name, and that they killed things, and on an instanced server killing things isn't hard. You wouldn't remember any more about them than their names even with a list.
  2. Critt Augur

personally I think it's cool to be able to look at it and see how other guilds are performing and where everyone is at in progression.. not so much out of any sense of competition but just because I'm bored at work... think of it like baseball stats or whatever else you like to read up on....
    Risiko likes this.
  3. Gronns Lorekeeper

Lol at this list. RI is number 1 period.
  4. Gronns Lorekeeper

Do you have an equation or value for the targets you listed at https://coirnavprogress.com/?

8/31/2018 9/5/2018 9/1/2018 9/1/2018 9/2/2018 9/5/2018 9/1/2018 9/2/2018 8/29/2018= Fallen Crusade
    8/30/2018 8/31/2018 8/29/2018 8/29/2018 8/29/2018 8/30/2018 8/29/2018 8/30/2018 8/31/2018= RI

RI took down 8 targets before Fallen Crusade yet you have Vulak > All other mobs in the expansion?
  5. Raina Elder

The last boss of the expansion has always determined the "winner" and always will.
  6. Dilf Augur

I thought this website was doing away with a ranking system and was just going to keep track of the active guilds killing things? Everyone on the server knows that RI is miles ahead of everyone else. Vulak is a loot pinata and has no value as the final boss of Velious with the broken script.
    Gronns likes this.
  7. Machentoo Augur

You have to list them in some order. First to kill the "final" boss of the expansion seems a better order than alphabetical. Even if it's not perfect (in this case it is pretty clear to everyone where RI stands, I'm sure) it gives more information at a glance than some random order would.

Velious is really the only expansion where this is even an issue, and you could make the case that multiple bosses have equal "final boss" legitimacy. Well, maybe TSS also. Doesn't make sense to move away from the most logical ordering system just because of one or two oddball expansions, on what will potentially be a server with 25 or more other expansions to play through.
  8. Fumi-chan Augur

Gronns you kind of come off as a bit special. To be clear I don't think there is anyone in TFC who cares if we are or aren't at the top of the list. Many of us have been #1 before on past TLPs but I understand if some need the on paper validation that they are NUMBA WAN (not Taiwan obviously).

Here's your gold star.

[IMG]
    Critt likes this.
  9. Ohfuggle Elder

These progression tracker sites are a recruitment tool and a fun way to look back.

Traditionally killing the "final boss" didn't automatically give you #1, each boss had a set amount of points they were worth. Let's say as the "final boss" Vulak awarded 500. Since TFC ninja'd it from IV2, it would be worth 500 to their total.

Now each day Vulak wasn't killed after the first kill the points would deteriorate. The same process goes for each boss/encounter.

So while TFC was the first for Vulak, since RI killed everything else first or within the first day their points would likely out number TFC's.

But I don't run the site, nor do I want too and I appreciate this person taking the extra time to do so.

I believe the point Gronns was making is the way the site's ranking are currently setup is misleading, as anyone who's been on Coirnav recognizes RI is the current #1 guild raid wise.

So any possible recruits may not realize the "#2" guild batphones and(or) the "#1" guild couldn't kill vyemm day 1, had to let another guild kill vyemm and nev then DPS race vulak with a large headstart to be "#1" on the site.
    Gronns likes this.
  10. Gronns Lorekeeper

Facts are facts The Fallen Crusade is not number 1. I am not sure how questioning the current ranking system is indicative of me being special when I believe the method is flawed or incorrect. Is this like someone that says 2+2=22 and you question them to correct them but they don't understand so they toss an insult to make themselves feel more secure?(You still suck)
    ;)

Did the greater than sign confuse you? Just curious if I should no longer use math so you may understand. Taking my gold star home o_O
  11. Fumi-chan Augur

Yeah I'm pretty sure your guild is rolling their eyes at you right now. Nobody cares on this 4th or 5th iteration of a TLP in as many years. As others stated this is more a means of recruitment tool purposes to see who has killed what. Good on you for keeping that care torch alive though.
  12. Risiko Augur

You do realize that all raid guilds have their DKP open to the public right?

I went and checked TFC's DKP site, and they show to have killed Vulak on:
    • Wed 29th
    • Fri 31
    • Fri 7
    • Fri 14
    It doesn't look like they have had any issues keeping him on farm seeing as they kill him every week since the expansion opened.
    Don't get me wrong. I like picking on guilds as much as the next guy, but your claims seem to be incorrect.
    Gronns likes this.
  13. Taliesn New Member

Psst, if the goal is to kill Vulak, it's probably smart to let the other guild spend their time killing easy dragons (and Vyemm is basically "position healers, dps run back to mob" and Nev is "hit the sit hotkey from time to time") while you position for the actual prize in order to win the dps race. Considering the results of that day - mission accomplished. As they say in the USAF, work smarter, not harder.
  14. taliefer Augur

i have never really cared about these "ranking" sites, but when i think of velious raiding, i think of avatar of war, not vulak. most of the talk on every TLP during Kunark in the anticipation of velious is usually about being able to tank AoW, not anything about Vulak
    Gronns likes this.
  15. Taliesn New Member

In fairness, Vulak is a loot pinata without the Ring event. Not that the Ring event was terribly difficult - just tedious, and that's even when it managed to work, which wasn't often.
    Gronns likes this.
  16. Gronns Lorekeeper

Same here..AOW is much more difficult than Vulak... But there is no way Vulak > AOW+ all the other mobs in the Xpac
  17. Gronns Lorekeeper

Please refer to the link below for an example of what I would like to see for the kill list. Each mob has a value to determine the rankings. AOW being the top at 100 and Vulak at 95

https://progressioneq.com/agnarrkills/
  18. Ohfuggle Elder

On launch they skipped Vyemm as they were unable to down him, IV2 circled back and killed it for them. No one is claiming they can't do Vyemm now, but the "#1" guild per the tracking site was unable to handle him launch day.

On launch day ya'all wiped on Vyemm and IV2 fixed it for you, but if it makes you feel better lol, claim its so easy you simply sat around at Vulak and waited. I know RI would have raced for Nev AND Vulak. If you're going to race take off the training wheels and actually win.

They don't say "work smarter, not harder" in the USAF... they say "Show me the AFI".

Four Vulak kills, very impressive. Sure wish I was drowning in so much loot.
  19. Boze TLP complaint factory

The dude who runs coirnavprogress and phinnyprogress has stated on the forums that he doesn't care about doing any fancy rankings and it's just to see who's clearing stuff. If you want something else create it.

By your argument EoE or CoC won DoN progression on phinny because they killed a Plane of Time quality dragon before WT/OGC. https://phinnyprogress.com/
    Critt likes this.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

I guess Vulak has the best loot as a whole, but his actual fight is trivial. AOW you need a pretty decent composition, not to mention you don't plop a pet on him with 5 minutes of aggro while you walk up to him, climbing over his furniture while most of the raid grabs a drink.

AOW running around is bound to slap someone silly that thinks they can meditate under his feet.