Coirnav - Reset Lockouts

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arrk, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Arrk Augur

Can you look at implementing a DZ lockout wipe on a set schedule, ie Mondays 2am PST...

This would free up a lot of the headaches of raid scheduling with not being able to move raids around for variety.

Raids would still get their normal lockouts but would get a weekly wipe out ... may have to increase the timer to a full 7 with the rest but that is okay.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  2. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

This would fix the issue when the server crashes on your and kills your Dz. I don't know what kind or challenge this would be for the devs with the code.
    potatoface likes this.
  3. Master Kahleem Augur

Depends on their codebase. As I recall it's ancient C++ based? Given someone with some decent domain knowledge it probably wouldn't be too difficult (I'm making sweeping assumptions such as the code-base is actually in a decent state for DZ/raid stuff though).

Remove the individual timer-allocation for each person on a DZ, and just have all DZ's being tracked by a global timer (or listening for?). It could also be as easy as a database interaction that needs a SQL script ran to hit them (or is EQ so old it uses Oracle?). o_O

ps: Forgot to mention that anything DBZ does is $$$ motivated, as it should be, and so any work will need a return on investment.
  4. HappyPanda Augur

As someone setting a guild raid schedule on Agnarr, I can say that it is a real downer when you have a raid on Sunday that you want to move to Saturday for a week. You have to skip basically an entire week of an only 12 week expansion to move it up one day. Sometimes you can take the shorter lockout by not killing the zone boss.
    If we had a "once per week lock" like another popular game TLP that has been recently announced, where you only had to manage the lockout on a weekly period, you could schedule each raid at a time each week when it makes the most sense.

This would be a really healthy change.
  5. Johnwick Augur

Would this just allow for bonus loot from select zones such as VT?

Example : VT ( raid it Sunday , Repeat in Monday ) ?
    Dont really see how that is a healthy change other than being able to fly through the content even faster than intended for additional gear.

I do see how it could help from a guild leader / raid leader standpoint but i dont see it being implemented and if it is , i will most likely be changed to address the issue of doubling up on raids.
  6. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

If you raided it on Sunday then again on Monday, you wouldn't be able to raid it again until the following Monday?
  7. Kahna Augur

You still wouldn’t be able to raid it more than once a week. There would be no doubling up. Sure you could raid the zone on Sunday and again on Monday but then you would sit around with a timer on for another week, so you coudn’t raid it again the next Sunday and continue your back to back raids. At best, with the right timing and manipulation of lockouts you could squeeze one more instanced raid into a 12 week period.
    potatoface likes this.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

This is a great idea.
    potatoface likes this.
  9. malaki Augur

Many lockouts aren't a week long. Some are like 5 days or whatever and some guilds do them on cooldown. Also would probably be an issue when they do the half lockout bonuses. Could maybe do it with the 6.5 day AoC ones specifically or something though. But then that seems like a fairly narrow subset.
  10. taliefer Augur

all raid instances on TLPS are 6.5 days until you get to plane of time. could possibly do something to lockouts reset on every monday until planes of power unlocks, or something. im sure they could get creative if they felt it was worth the time investment. how much time it takes, noone but the actual devs know