Coirnav - Farmer Spam

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sultan, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Sultan Elder

Whats going on here DBG its getting worse.

The spam has had the names of the characters they use for contacts in their adverts for days yet you keep allowing them to go on and the names haven't changed in the adverts. The only name that changes is the players spamming it.

You have no automatic spam filter that blocks them from blatant abuse of the chat system, so my guess is you are just simply allowing it. You also disabled the report spam feature that auto ignored the player when used.

My ignore list is currently full, get on this.
  2. Kahna Augur

I assume you are in general chat, because I avoid the global channels like the plague and have seen zero spam.
  3. Sultan Elder

Thats great if you wanna play solo, however, this is happening across ALL chat channels.
  4. Dooby dooby doo Elder

This really is a huge problem. I can't even stay in a channel because they spam every 30 seconds.

I still can't figure out if it's their farmers or their competition. I know the Asian farmers were fighting before and I thought 1 was outting the other names to the world but they keep shouting their website and farmer names over and over.

I cant believe they have no way of stopping them when it's happening all day every day.

I feel like if I did this, I would get dealt with. How often are they making new accounts to spam?
    Krezzy likes this.
  5. Sultan Elder

It seems random tbh.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

I made a post about this on agnarr... early on.

Its negligence really.
  7. Kahna Augur

I don't play solo. It doesn't happen in my guild chat, or the private chat channels I am in with friends. When I did bother to pug I wasn't limited by the fact that I wasn't in general chat. And I don't bother to sell things in the tunnel because I have plenty of plat just from playing the game. Do you really need to be in a huge channel with 400 other random people to feel like you aren't soloing?
  8. Sultan Elder

You choose to isolate yourself away from it, that's your choice, not mine. I play an MMO, not some LAN party RPG.

The entire point is, it shouldn't be happening.
  9. Kahna Augur

The entire point is, there are already tools in place for you to avoid seeing this, and there is little DBG can do to stop it. 20 years and no game company has ever been able to stop gold spam, what makes you think a tiny game company running on a skeleton crew has the magic bullet to stop it. Heck, 20 years ago there weren't any global channels, people managed to "MMO" just fine.

Be happy EQ is still popular enough to warrant gold spammers, and uncheck the autojoin global channels box if it bothers you so much. Trust me, you will still be able to enjoy all that an MMO has to offer without being able to argue with random strangers in general chat.
    Dythan likes this.
  10. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

They paid their 15 dollars or Krono, just like you. They have the right to play EQ in the way that makes them happy. Just like the homeless on the streets, not how I choose to live life, but god bless em for doing it their way. Stop projecting your gaming ideology on people.
  11. Sultan Elder

Its one company mate, stop trying to defend them with your straw man poor excuses.

When your ignore list is full of nothing but spammers, there is an issue.

No excuse is valid on any level when the same person keeps spamming with the same company advert for weeks on end on a daily basis 24/7.

The point trying to be made here is not to eliminate it, but to be seen being more at least reactive about it.
  12. Gremin Augur

You wont get an reaction to it though. You have the tool to ignore them, they will end up deleting old toons on your ignore list to prevent being suspended or banned. So just keep adding them to your ignore. Its the most Daybreak will do imo.
  13. Krezzy Augur

I dealt with this, as did many other players, by dropping all public channels.

It occurs to me that this spamming is probably causing material damage to DBG by driving players away from community communications tools. New players won't receive nearly as much benefit from their channel, the class channel, or the general channel, and may end up moving on rather than continuing to play, buy Kronos, and assimilating into the player base.
    Sultan likes this.
  14. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Or new players are able to gear and level toons at a faster pace by using 3rd party organizations. This allows them to catch up to the older population and play with them.
  15. Kahna Augur

It's not a straw man argument though, as I was addressing the issue you brought up. Even the single spammer you are referring to can not be stopped by DBG. If they ban the spamming accounts he will just make more, if they ban the primary accounts he will just make more, or likely already has more, as no self respecting gold farmer would keep his entire wealth on a single account. Even IP bans don't work, just ask Mabbu. None of these thing will reduce the frequency of additions or length of your ignore list. DBGs will spend countless man hours chasing a phantom who just makes more accounts. They don't have countless man hours to burn.

I brought up other games companies because if a behemoth like Blizzard can't solve this problem I don't really know what you expect a small company like DBG to do about it. There is literally nothing they can do that will accomplish more than doing nothing already does. Your choices are to adapt, using the tools they have already given you, or find a new MMO, where you will also be flooded with gold spam.
  16. Sultan Elder

Are you condoning what they do by stealing profit from DBG by utilising DBG's product to make money? Pretty sure you better read the fine print bud, not only is it bannable, if they reside or live in the US, legal ramifications can be imposed by law, its in a more shorter term, a form of theft.
  17. Sultan Elder

Err you realise that Blizzard did pretty much squash it by 90% right? If not more, depending on how you look at it.
  18. Krezzy Augur

The 3rd party organizations aren't themselves a particular concern -- just their subversion of a player communication tool into free advertisement.
  19. devildrive420 New Member

These asian farmers are keeping DBG in business, they aren't going to ban a huge revenue source. They ban the people they sell to, krono disappears off their books.
  20. Risiko Augur

Adding filters to a text chat server is pretty elementary. It's been 18 years, and they haven't done it.

Anyway. How about that weather outside? It's hot isn't it.
    Sultan likes this.