Client Hanging / Crashing Issues [7/1/14]

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TSR-SeanF, Jul 1, 2014.

1. TSR-SeanF Augur

Hello Norrathians!

We are currently looking into a potential issue with the game client that is causing crashing and client freezing for some players. If you are currently experiencing this kind of issue, we would like to collect some information from you in order to have these problems addressed. To do this, please open a support ticket with us at http://help.soe.com and include the following:

1. A dxdiag and msinfo file from your system (instructions on how to create these files can be found here: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28973 )
    2. Are you currently using any custom user interface (UI) add-ons?
    3. What zone are you currently encountering these issues in?
    4. What server do you currently play on?
    5. How long have you been experiencing these issues?

Once your ticket has been submitted please either send me a private message with your ticket number, or post the ticket number as a response to this thread.

As always, if you have any additional questions in the mean time, please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Thank you!
  2. Zahrym Augur

I can easily tell you it was something you changed in the last 48 hours. I box regularly and move through lobby/hall often. Yesterday afternoon when I tried to do this 1-2 of my chars always froze leaving or going into Guild Lobby. This doesn't/hasn't happened in any other zone for me.
  3. Sewicydel New Member

I had this issue on three of six accounts, two from the same folder one from another folder( separate computer) I resolved the issue by patching live and back on both computers, have not crashed since.
  4. Sewicydel New Member

Clarification, I play test server, had this issue, patched live and back to test and it was remedied.
  5. Rhaistlinn New Member

I have a issue since last week i have a ticket already submitted and i have tried everything possible to remedy the situation i crash almost all the time when my character tries to go into lava storm it happens on live and on test but i play on test mostly at this time. I have checked my temps on my video card they are normal. I have uninstalled my drivers and re installed the latest ones, i have uninstalled the game and re installed the game more than once, i have also uninstalled the files related to lava storm and re patched them all to no avail, as i said i have a ticket that is already submitted i also sent dbg.txt file to be looked over and sent a bug report. I would really like this to be solved asap. Thank you for your time. Incident Number 140621-000474
  6. Parabola New Member

Has there been any updated info on this? Currently crashing anytime 8 go through lobby pok when zoning. Must be a hardware thing because I downloaded entire new EQ in different folder and still crashes
  7. Dleet New Member

140710-000023
  8. Tidaar New Member

My ticket number is #140710-000340. I play on Cazic Thule Server.

I am not running a custom UI, however I do use StickFigures mode.

On the ticket I put Bixie Warfront, as that is my "latest" concern. I used to run them and crash rarely, until 7/9/2014. I ran a few and every few minutes I was crashing. It was never while killing anything only after a mob was dead, then a few second later, crash. Other places that have crashed are like the Plane of Shadow, near the water on those little islands. I actively avoid that whole area, ty for the return to home button. It got so bad I couldn't even get gate off before logging on then /crashing. However the rest of POS I am fine in. I also no longer raid on that computer, just run my boxes with the lowest settings, their luclin model types on (for mounts) and like I said in stick figure mode. Just about every VOA and ROF raid during an update or even a win it would crash on me over the last two years. Several people in our raid force have this issue.

Let's see other things that make it crash. Oh, 24 hours since I last logged on will make it crash, if that time passes while I am playing. The EQ Welcome screen MUST be seen! I log back on just to see it pop up and I do the, "oh yea!!", it wasn't there when I logged on.

Specific Raids that crash me a lot are all VOA raids, and I mean every stinking one of them, sometimes multiple times during an encounter.

ROF: BG1 the knockback effect (only after battle rezing and I am trying to mem spells for buffs), CH when a corpse enters the water (most often when 2 or more corpses go in about the same time I know it is coming). Shards Landing raid almost every time I die, rez then the next set of adds spawn or we win I crash, however when I don't die this doesn't happen.