Cleric/Shaman IRC Chats 12/12

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Crystilla, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Crystilla Augur

If someone else wants to post the logs, go ahead. But here is a summary of every question and their answer. Apologies if I missed something (7 hours of almost non stop questions it's very possible I did :)).

AFFECTS BOTH CLASSES
    1. 1) Hastened purified spirits & hastened radiant cure (can these be reduced further) - MAYBE/NO. Wouldn't expect more reduction on radiant cure but purified spirits can come down a bit.
      2) Can you add corruption to purified spirits - NO ANSWER GIVEN
      3) For shamans, also other priests, is there any chance of more ranks of Hastened Forceful rejuvenation? ANSWER - No. The 33% reduction already has is enough.
      4) Any possibilty of new ranks of radient cure? been a while since it has been upgrade cure wise? ANSWER - I'm not against upgrades, but I want to talk with Aristo to make sure we're on the same page here.
      5) New Cleric AA request - Spirit Extension. Extends the range on auras. ANSWER - no. basically anything aura is a no.
      6) how about an aa that has a finishing blow like effect for dots, if mob is below 20% and fleeing each dot tick has a chance to outright kill it. ANSWER - o_O. I don't have any way to do that. Finishing blow stuff is specifically coded to warriors.
      7) Another old request (from both classes today, and others) - Activatable suppression of Spell Casting Subtlety. ANSWER - And I tell you this each time you ask.. it can't be done. (Shang asks But there isn't a way to give Clerics a clone of Voice of Thule, that counteracts the agro taken away by Spell Casting Subtlety?). Eli - hmm.. that MIGHT work. (Shang - If you want to try the idea - Should be similar to Sionachie's Crescendo (aka - permanent in Short Duration window) and just be a hate multiplier.).

CLERIC
    1. 1) Touch of the Divine (can this get better healing as the immediate heal and purify effect have never worked)? - NOT SURE. It uses a strange spell effect, will see what I can do.
      2) Beacon of Life (can this be unlinked from Burst of Life)? ANSWER - WILL LOOK AT IT. Off the top of his head, he doesn't see why he can't unlink Beacon and Burst.
      3) Cleric AA Repel the Wicked - can we increase the knockback ANSWER - YES, will look into it (it should be doing more than it is in terms of knocking the mob away; has enough force to do it).
      4) Yaulp (split pallies off so each can be tuned separately) ANSWER - NOT NOW, don't really want to do much with AA yaulp at this time.
      5) Blessed Chains (this currently grays out vet ability Throne of Heroes, can these be unlinked?) ANSWER - LOL.. yeah.. I'll move the timer on Blessed Chains
      6) Celestial Regeneration (this has always been higher than the spell elixer, with the new heal revamp Aristo did, can we hav this boosted)? - ANSWER. It's possible, but I'll have to look into how much.
      7) Focused Celestial Regeneration (same boat) - ANSWER. I know that was coming next. Will look at that with celestial regeneration.
      8) Hastened Divine Ressurection (can this be lowered) ANSWER - I'll drop it some (not down to 3-4 hour request though).
      9) Cleric AA request - Hastened Mass Group Buff. MGB is currently 1 hour 12 minute reuse, hastens to 50 minutes, 24 seconds. Is it possible to get additional ranks to bring this down some? - ANSWER. Possibly
      10) Cleric AA Hastened Renewal - Can we get ranks 7/8/9, reducing recast timer by 2 seconds per, as for the previous six ranks? Base recast on the Desperate Renewal line is 30 seconds, currently hastened to 18, this would bring it down to 12 second recast total. - ANSWER. no.
      11) Cleric AA Hastened Turn Undead - Is it possible to get one more rank (rank 10)? Currently base recast on Turn Undead is 5 minutes, each rank of hastening reduces by 15 seconds, currently 9 ranks at 2 minutes 45 second reuse, this would drop it to 2 minutes, 30 second reuse. - ANSWER. Sure, 1 more rank.
      12) Cleric AA request - Hastened Improved Twincast (applies for other classes too, naturally) - Is it possible to get additional ranks? Currently there are five ranks at 1 minute reduction per rank. Cleric request list is for five more ranks. ANSWER - No more ranks of hastened improved twincast
      13) Cleric AA Hastened Blessing of Resurrection - can we get three more ranks? Currently each rank reduces recast by one second? ANSWER - No to hastened (no to quickened/it's max hasted already).
      14) Cleric AA Righteous Zeal (grants double attack skill) - is it possible to get more ranks of this? Currently at six ranks- three from HoT, three from VoA? ANSWER. I think clerics have enough double attack for now.
      15) Cleric AA Divine Avatar - you gave us a quickened line for reducing the cast, which is awesome, but didn't work, so got refunded. The problem lies in Divine Avatar being a melee-centric AA ability, a long cast time is very hard to channel if playing ghetto tank, or in ramp range, et cetera. Is it possible to create a new rank that is identical to Divine Avatar 15 in every way, except a lower cast time? Failing that, is it possible to create a new AA, requiring all 15 ranks of Divine Avatar to be purchased (True Avatar maybe), that shares the timer so you can't alternate, identical in every way except a shorter cast time? ANSWER. Yeah.. I'll create a new rank that just uses a lower cast time.
      16) Cleric AA Celestial Rapidity - currently has three ranks, each rank beyond the first extends the duration by 1 tick, two granted with Veil of Alaris up to 36 seconds. Is it possible to get more ranks of this? ANSWER. I'd rather not extend it more.
      17) Cleric AA Touch of the Divine - request for additional ranks to improve it. Obviously, Touch is going to be looked into anyway, due to the heal value discussion earlier. ANSWER. Possible upgrades coming.
      18) Cleric AA for AoE Rez. ANSWER - is a code request, no idea if it will come about.
      19) I'll preface by stating that this was prior to beta and Veturika's Perseverance, but someone asked about looking at the heal and/or mana values on Quiet Miracle to make sure that it was in line with gear et cetera. ANSWER -
      20) Cleric AA Improved Burst of Life - any chance of continuing to build on this? Each rank adds 1000 more to the heal. ANSWER - probably.
      21) Cleric AA Sanctified Blessing - adds a chance to heal when curing someone, at max ranks the heal is for 1800. The last ranks only go as high as level 85 spells. Is it possible to get additional ranks on this to bring it back to current use? ANSWER - Yeah.. I'll add some new ranks to bring it up to current level spells.
      22) Cleric AA Recourse of Life - At max rank 20, this has a chance to heal for 700, and adds a 10% vie for 2000 hp total. Is it possible to get additional ranks to increase the healing? ANSWER - I'll go 3 new ranks. I'll have to figure out how much improvement though.
      23) Cleric AA Divine Retribution - activated defensive stun proc AA with deaggro portion. Later ranks add a chance of a small HoT and AC. 36 minute reuse, hastens to 27 minutes. Traditionally it stuns up to 3 levels above cap, but hasn't been upgraded since HoT. Is it possible to get it upgraded to current levels? ANSWER - Yeah, I'll upgrade that.
      24) Cleric AA Divine Guardian - two requests have come up- first being an additional rank to improve the heal on trigger, and second, to find out if it would be possible to move it to the regular buff window, since it can easily be wasted as an existing guardian does not "block" a new one from being cast, nor does it allow overwriting. ANSWER - I can move it to the existing window. I'm looking at upgrades to all of the conditional abilities like that I put in last year.
      25) Cleric new AA request - Mark of the Righteous AA. This is an AA version of our level 65 Mark of the Righteous spell, which is a straight reverse damage shield (34). it does not strip DS. It is also found in clicky form on cleric Elemental legs. ANSWER - I'll think about that one.
      26) New cleric AA - AA to give the group a spell reflect AA. Similar to Providence spell or paladin Shield of Brilliance AA. Activated AA which grants a percentage change to reflect incomming spell or DOT damage - ANSWER. I'm ok with that but as a self only cleric version. It'll have to have a decent reuse though.
      26) secondary option of extending to other priests with dot reflect for shaman, spell for druid. ANSWER - I like that.
      27) New Cleric AA request - Hastened Contravention/Intervention. Three ranks. This AA hastens the cleric spell line "Holy/Celestial/Elysian/Virtuous/X Contravention and "intervention" lines by 2 seconds per rank. Current recast on the Contravention line is 30 seconds, this would cut it to 24 seconds. These spells cast a nuke and a heal on the target's target - ANSWER. I'd rather not hasten those. I mean, I can talk with Aristo about those but I doubt he's going to want to change them much.
      28) New AA's for clerics - Influential Purify Soul and Influencial Group Purify Soul - extends the range of purify soul/group purify soul. ANSWER - purify soul extended range stuff might be ok. I have to see if there is a way to even do it though. I think I can.
      29) invisibility AA. ANSWER - no.
    2. 30) New Cleric AA request - Temple Summons. Allows the cleric to teleport to their relevant temple of worship, as per faithstone items, which are cleric-usable. Example: Faithstone of Nature, spell: Prayer to Tunare. ANSWER - Nope.
      31) New cleric AA request: Improved Twinheal. Activated AA with proc limit that 100% twinheals the next X matching spells. ANSWER - I really don't think that's necessary Mykaylla.. Cleric healing is fine right now.
      32) New cleric AA request - Templar's Resolution. Passive AA grants X% chance to resist melee-based stuns. ANSWER - I can see a stun resist chance AA, but I'd likely give it to all priests. Not just clerics.
      33) Hastened First/Second/Third Spire of Divinity, extended range for First/Second/Third Spire of Divinity. I said the 'S' word, I'm sorry - ANSWER. Not really going to play with spires much.
      34) New Cleric AA request - Extended Battle Frenzy. Increases the duration of Battle Frenzy by 1 tick. ANSWER - lol.. after you just relayed someone complaining to me about getting more battle frenzy. Going to go with 'nope' on extending battle frenzy.
      35) New Cleric AA request - Extended Healing Frenzy. Ditto, but for healing frenzy. ANSWER - yes, will give you 1 tick extension.
      36) Ressurection Recovery AA. Gives a chance to proc a mana return buff on a newly rezzed player to help speed up mana gain.
      [XXXXX] Resurrection Recovery
      Target: Self
      Beneficial: Blockable
      Casting: 0s
      Duration: 24s (4 ticks), Extend: No
      6: Increase Current Mana by 1500 per tick
      Text: You feel your mind recoverying from death.
      ANSWER - Resurrection can't proc effects. At least I don't think they can. Resurrection code is very wonky.
      37) How about giving a Res that restores Mana and Endurance? ANSWER - We can't do anything with rez right now. Aristo and I REALLY want to.. but there's code time involved.
      38) Heck, how about giving clerics an AA version of the Druid/Shaman call? We can always rez later, and it would let us summon back people with some mana/endurance. ANSWER - I'm ok with a cleric call to corpse type ability. 3 min.
      39) New Cleric AA request - Undead Slow. This was brought up on the priest boards, and came up in pally conversation on Monday as a possible for them. Clerics currently have undead DoTs with the chance to proc Aquifer Slow. Is there any possibility of an AA undead slow? ANSWER - no. Undead slow is going to remain Necro and SK.
      40) Clerics have undead snare through the level 68 spell Death's Regret from Depths of Darkhollow. Is it possible to get an AA undead snare? ANSWER - I don't think so Mykaylla.. I'm not going to turn every old spell into an AA.
      41) There was one other request for undead fear as an AA, but that is also an old spell to AA request. ANSWER - no.
      42) Cleric AAs Hastened Celestial Regeneration and Hastened Focused Celestial Regeneration (yes, more on those AAs) - Is it possible to get two more ranks of the former, and one of the latter? Currently three ranks per. Hastened Celestial Regeneration reduces recast by 10% per rank- this would bring it to 50% and 7.5 minute reuse. Hastened Focused Celestial Regeneration reduces by two minutes. per rank, this too, would bring it down to the cap of 50% and 7.5 minute reuse. ANSWER - yeah. I'm ok with those.
      43) new cleric AA (requested by some players, though we've touched a bit on it already). AA that works like Destructive Fury (to raise the damage on crits) but for raising the healing of a crit instead. ANSWER - not right now.. like I've said.. I think your healing is fine. burst healing really isn't needed.
      44) New Cleric AA request - Divine Sentinel. Must target a PC. Spawns a pet that /shields the PC targetted. ANSWER - no.
      45) New Cleric AA request - targettable buff that procs hate and damage. Similar to the effects of Vow of Vitriol, but targettable rather than self. A kinf of Zealot's Inspiration. ANSWER - that's going to be very hard to make work.
    3. 46) Cleric AA Healing Frenzy - Battle Frenzy has now overtaken it in ranks. Any possibility we can get more ranks of Healing Frenzy? ANSWER - that's not really a valid reason to get more healing frenzy. The simple answer is your healing is fine, and by giving you more battle frenzy, it gives you something to do while perhaps not needing to focus 100% on heals.
  2. Crystilla Augur

SHAMAN
    1. 1) hastened inconspicuous totem. ANSWER - YES. 5 more ranks to bring it down to 7 min reuse
      2) Asked for cone based root. ANSWER - DON'T KNOW. Will think about it.
      3) new ranks of union of spirit. ANSWER - YES. I'm ok with more ranks
      4) Perfected invis (self only). ANSWER - NOT SURE.
      5) Can shaman get 2 more ranks of preincarnation AA (so each rank matches the spell they have up to rank 3 spell). ANSWER - NOT REALLY A FAN of giving out AA equal to your best spell version
      5a) Can it be made passive then? ANSWER - if I moved Preincarnation to a passive ability I would have to lower the chance to succeed quite a bit. I'm ok with making a new version of Preincarnation that is innate. (Note, cleric's passive is 15-25% chance to proc)
      6) can shamans either get an aa version of Talisman of Celerity or increased time on group pact of the wolf so we can use it as a group haste buff? ANSWER - ??
      7) As a shaman I would love all the spires to be tired into one aa. ANSWER - I'm not messing with spires.
      8) And as a shaman is there a way we can get a secondary bind aa? ANSWER - no, requires code.
      9) Shaman FD - ANSWER. Shaman FD seems.. odd. (and so? was answered when brought up that beastlords have it now)
      10) Would it be out of the shaman realm to have a low level tracking ability? we do have to track down plants and our tribal nature would also seem to impart us with a least a small amount of tracking ability? - ANSWER.
      11) Can shamans either get an aa version of Talisman of Celerity or increased time on group pact of the wolf so we can use it as a group haste buff? ANSWER - I'll talk to Aristo about an AA celerity.. I don't think it'll be a problem. I want to be careful stepping on his toes.
      12) Can shaman get an upgrade to languid bite that actually does decent damage? ANSWER - Languid Bite is intended to be bonus damage so it will remain fairly small compared to actual spells
      12a) And remove stacking issue with pack of swarm pets spell?? Languid bite does not stack with pack of kriegas the swarm pet proc spell. ANSWER - Not everything will stack with everything else.
      13) For Shaman is there any chance of a extended OR hastened aa line for spiritual blessing AA ? Currently 30 min reuse/12 second duration? ANSWER. I could do 1 rank of extended (1 tick extension). And I'll think about a hastened line.
      14) Can shaman get a few more ranks in hastened rabidity? ANSWER. That seems reasonable.
      15) For shaman any chance of a single targetable(same reuse time, maybe not linked?) Purified Spirit AA... with Corruption cure counters also on it? ANSWER - NO. Corruption cures are going to be very carefully handled. I can do a single target AA but it won't have corruption cure.
      16) Any chance at making ancestral guard aa into group version? ANSWER. No.
      17) Can shaman get an invis to undead AA? even if it has to be self-only. ANSWER. No.
      18) Single target cripple AA? ANSWER. Single target version of crippling apparition? ANSWER - I'll take a look at it.
      19) Speaking of cripple maybe feralize aa? Older version would be fine and remove mob type restriction? ANSWER - I don't know about that one. I'll need to look into it more.
      20) Shaman dual wield AA? ANSWER by Eli - ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I can't grant dual wield through AA.
      21) Can we get an attack mod added to pact of wolf group and single versions? ANSWER. Adding attack mod to the pacts will likely cause a stacking issue with something that exists already
      22) Incarnate anew as an aa (the shaman 90% rez spell)? ANSWER. for some reason I thought I had given you a res.. (Tharkis-nope, shm only have an out of combat only 90% rez spell, and the call to corpse AA that shm and druids share). Elidroth - I'm ok with giving Shaman a 96% AA OOC rez actually.
      23) Can shaman get an upgrade to communion of the cheetah to invis+movement buff? ANSWER - No. I don't see a reason to combine those.
      24) is there any plans for hastened ancestral aid? ANSWER. I can go 3 more ranks. Drop it to 9 minutes.
      24a) Boost in power/heal? ANSWER. Maybe.
      25) elidroth would an aa similar to quiet miracle but gives melee toons endurance be out of the question? ANSWER - not out of the question, but endurance heals/regen is something we give out very carefully.
      26) Can shaman's get a useful summoned pet (swarm pets)? ANSWER - ... (from a non shaman player) and 'what about pets?'
      27) here's a question i was asked to ask by one of the root-rotting shammies i know. He was wondering if it was even possible in code to make an AA line that would reduce the chance of DDs / dd rpocs breaking root, and if so, if there could be a new AA for it.? ANSWER. No.
      28) Eli, what about single target Poison and Disease cure, for out of group use? ANSWER - we're pretty happy with who can cure right now Froger.
      29) can shaman have another rank of Fortified Intervention? or just a way to reduce reuse timer on ancestral intervention spell line? ANSWER - I'm not going to upgrade Fortified Intervention any more.
      30) Can shaman get an aa illusion that turns us into a spirit wolf just for fun? ANSWER - I refuse to do more AA illusions if I can help it.
      31) How about an additional rank of Inconspicuous Totem that has a longer duration and leaves the shaman invis, now we just land back on aggro when totem fades? ANSWER - let me play with totem to see if I can come up with something. we'll see.
      32) How about an aa that doubles mana cost and makes dots crit 100% for lets say 60 seconds? ANSWER - Will take that as a no.
      33) what about an aa that gives shaman more melee damage when we arnt healing. Something that last longer than rabid bear. dots dont do much when the mobs dont last long and in groups to do much damage. with that nice new 2 hander from Crystal caverns id like to be able to go smash faces since we are the melee ADPS? ANSWER -
      34) Question for an extended heal over time AA, While testing the RoF Heal over time spells I noticed that when clerics cast the spell it will last longer because they have an AA that extends heal over time, would it be possible for shaman to get a version of that also so that the heal over time casted by both classes lasts the same amount of time? ANSWER - I can do something similar here for shaman.
      35) hey eldroth , would you consider an aa that has the effect of the shamans' epic; on a a lessor scale of course? ANSWER - no.
      36) how about Hastened Turgur's Swarm? knock a second off the recast time? ANSWER - it's only 8 seconds now, but fair enough (when pushed a bit harder due to comment of having a lot of mobs to slow).
      37) Shaman new AA - Turgur's totem AA. (like malis totem but for slow)? ANSWER - You should ask Aristo for something like that.
      38) was ancestral aid on the list to get a healing boost like the other heal over time spells? bring it up to par with celestial regeneration? - ANSWER. Maybe.
      39) how about an innate aa that reduces DoT cast times or activated that makes them instant cast for a short period? ANSWER - There's no way to do that. The most something can be quickened is 50%.
      40) what about secondary bind and gate for clr/shm? ANSWER -
      41) New Shaman AA Request: Extension aa for our maw line, a minute buff is hardly long enough anymore especially since most raids now are full of multitask healing your group, main tanks and off tanks, slowing, maloing epics and burn. A nine minute maw would be amazing and fit in with the shaman roll so much more than a one min buff. ANSWER - keep in mind.. these proc buffs are intended to be short duration for a reason. they aren't intended to be up all the time.
      42) New Shaman AA Request: Shaman have a group pact of wolf, the aa is pretty worthless and it goes unused, it has a lot of potential to be great for melee if you changed the effects it had on the group. You could give this aa a short duration buff that increases attack speed pushing the haste cap ( which I believe is 225% haste capped ). adding another 25% ( capping attack haste at 250% ) for a brief time ( 1:30 - 2:00 min buff ), and an increase in flurry attacks by 10% calling the buff Lycan Frenzy putting it on a 12 min reuse timer ANSWER - why is it worthless? (Player - the range definitely needs to be increased). Eli-because I can tell you.. calling something worthless doesn't exactly inspire me to work on it. Ints intended to be short range, that's the port, you have to be on top of them. It's intended that it doesn't give as much hp/mana as single target.
      43) how about a snare or snare/dot AA for shaman? ANSWER - I believe Snare/Dot was asked earlier for Shaman I think.. I'm not saying no, but I'm not saying yes right now either.
      44) is there a way to fix Pact of the Wolf (self buff). currently it blocks all new mounts because of the HP buffs the mounts have are in the same slot. ANSWER - short version.. as things come out, they're going to conflict with old abilities sometimes.
      45) how about a reverse totem aa for shaman as a form of crowd control - turns the npc into the totem for duration, has a mem blur when it fades, any damage to npc cancels it. ANSWER - no. I really don't want to minimize Enchanters any more than they already have been.
      46) shaman self-only evac. ANSWER - requires code. Evac SPA requires additions to code for the specific ID.. it's dumb. Sorry
      47) shaman divine aura or deftdance/fortitude type ability, a way to avoid incoming damage for a short period. ANSWER - no.

OTHER CLASSE COMMENTS
    1) Maybe beastlords or monks should get a purified spirits or radiant cure type ability - Elidroth mentioned he could see beastlords, monks with self only for now.

KEY ELIDROTH QUOTES

One thing Aristo and I really don't want to do is create a situation where only 1 of a class is needed to do some job
  3. wingz-83 Augur

Awww.....
    39) New Cleric AA request - Undead Slow. This was brought up on the priest boards, and came up in pally conversation on Monday as a possible for them. Clerics currently have undead DoTs with the chance to proc Aquifer Slow. Is there any possibility of an AA undead slow? ANSWER - no. Undead slow is going to remain Necro and SK.

And after I got my hopes up because of the pally chat ..ah well.

Also Grats on shammys with a 96% OOC rez. While may not totally useful on raids I know many shammy alts/bots/mains will rejoice with this!
  4. Xnao Augur

Everybody wants to be like me. :(
  5. Coruth Augur

As a side idea Eldiroth. Instead of reducing Inc Totem Timer. Give Sham a second AA thats a straight fade / hide without totem. Give them both the same current timer.

So in essence a Shm can fade 2 times per 12 minutes instead of 1 per 6 but the fades function differently and would have some bonus choice/strategy on which to use when
  6. Coruth Augur

Another idea on Preincarnation. Talk to Aristo about putting upgrades to this line every exp or two.
    Same DA/Fire Rates on Rank 1-3. Heal slightly going up as hp go up.

No one wants to go back and faction for rank3 preincarnation when everything else SOE does is to put us in current content (like not raising focii).

Then you can expand the AA as he does the spells giving new versions rank 1
  7. doktartp Augur

Sounds like assassin rk3.