[cleric] Possible new AA

Discussion in 'Priests' started by arttemis, Nov 19, 2013.

1. arttemis New Member

Due to jealousy i have come to the conclusion shaman are OP! there perincarnation pretty much makes them unkillable. Clerics however get touch of the devine which dosnt proc anywhere near as offten. So it got me thinking, if we cant have perincarnation, can we either boost ToTD proc rate to the same or can we have somthing that procs when we die? here is a few half baken ideas that i had
    1. A chance for a short duration (one or two min) DI type spell that procs on group meambers when we die
    2. Large AE heal (hits everyone in range, inculding people outside group)
    3. Large but short duration HoT on group meabers
    4. 50% chance for DI to recast itself when proced (self only)
    5. A chance for a divine guardian type spell to be cast on party meambers we our HP's drop bellow 25%
    Like i said there kidda half baked ideas but it was all i could come up with. If sombody could take this and run with it and get it in game that would be a huge time saver because if not, im rolling a shammy!!
  2. Gladare Augur

I think the splash line covers #2.
  3. Tarrin Augur

Druids were given an increase in our preincarnation rate to compensate us not being allowed to have *any* mana regain abilities to get back into a fight after death.
  4. Crystilla Augur

I don't personally recall a reason for the boost being given - especially since shaman have the same percentage boost as druids on their newest rank of preincarnation. (Though I do like the idea that that's why)
  5. Nylrem Augur

OP said when the cleric dies. Can't cast splash if dead.

I just want the same type twinheal proccing spell druids and shaman get, so we wouldn't have to change targets to the mob to proc a twinheal effect when strictly healing.

Not that I want to lose Rebuke either, I like it as well on occasion, but would like the option to use either one.
  6. Gladare Augur

?
    Maybe your eyes played tricks on you from request #1. Though #1 is a shaman ability already.
  7. Adaire Lorekeeper

Make the enter key be like a mouse click and I'd use splash way more!

I do agree with the OP more totd chance plz I don't want to die... How rediculous!
  8. Tarrin Augur

This is what I told myself, since druids are still the only mana based class in all of EverQuest not allowed to have a mana return ability.
    Thanks for bursting my bubble!
  9. Gladare Augur

Rangers. I think you mean only priest.
  10. Tarrin Augur

Rangers are not mana based. They have mana, but their existence is not based on mana.
    I meant classes that are based around mana. These include, clerics, enchanters, shaman, mages, wizards, necros, and druids. Only one of these does not have the ability to actively regain mana.
  11. Gladare Augur

Lol tell that to an oom ranger. So silly
  12. Tarrin Augur

Yes, you nitpicking over this, when its obvious you know what I mean is quite silly :p
  13. Nylrem Augur

Gladare,

The OP is requesting for either the cleric to have the same chance as druid/shaman to proc DA before dying, OR for the effect(s) he/she listed to happen if the cleric dies, as a new possible AA.

"can we either boost ToTD proc rate to the same or can we have something that procs when we die?" followed by the list of 5. He/she just seemed to reiterate the fact in number 1 that it would happen upon the cleric's death, and didn't for 2-4.

The way I read his/her post is that the only one they are requesting that isn't requiring the cleric to die (but would still happen if they did), is #5.

Personally, I like the idea of group receiving a large, and fairly long HoT upon the death of the cleric, to allow for the cleric to get rez/call, and some mana back.

HoT equivalent to their purchased version of group Celestial Regen would work.
  14. Gladare Augur

You're quite right. I can be a dingbat sometimes.