[Cleric] Non-current but useful spells

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Kalipto, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Kalipto Augur

I'm new to cleric and curious if there are older spells that didn't get upgrades that I should be on the lookout for. I'm level 85 at the moment (on Mischief). So mostly just looking for spells under the level 80 range.

Any input would be great! Thanks!
  2. Cadira Augur

All of the Eradicate XXX Cure spells are still great. Can't think of others atm.
    Tour likes this.
  3. Xandos New Member

Im a bit Late, but, in short form. No there is no Spell you need to Look out fore, because you will get a New and Better Version of your Spells at the End of the Day anyway. The lowest Level Spell i regularly need to use is the 111 Remedy at 120+. As for Cures, why bother with a lower level Cure, if you can just load the Highest Single Target Cure, that can remove over 80 Counter and over 40 if its a Corruption Spell, and if that doesnt work you have 4 Cure AA (3 if its on a Target in your Group).

So, no there no Spell you need to look out for. Just the level 70 Defensive Aura as the next Viable Upgrade is 119. As the level 100 one has a Cap on the amout it will negate, and the level 70 (Pious) doesnt, just a Flat 2% Damage Reduciton :)
  4. Cadira Augur

For uncommon but sure situations, the eradicate cure lines are better then current cures for the faster cast time. Get them.
    Xyroff-cazic., Annastasya and Szilent like this.
  5. Tour Augur

The eradicate disease / poison / curse ones are worth picking up, as Cadira said. Yes, the newer ones are great from a counter point of view (if needed) and more chances to cast Sanctified Blessing as a small bonus. But the eradicate line is slightly faster, and if you're doing something like bane damage or other scripted mechanic where you don't care about the counter count so much as the spell just landing that would be a better choice. More importantly though are those, albeit rare, times you don't want to indiscriminately attempt to remove all counter types (such as with the modern cures) due to some deleterious effect; ex: [48136] Poison Proliferation.
    Cadira likes this.
  6. Crystilla Augur

There is one spell that I often use that has never been upgraded. It's part of our "mark of the x" line and is the last in its type before they split the line into the different incantations for future levels.

Mark of the Righteous - this stacks with Mark of the Thomir (and it's earlier versions). This is because of where the spell slot stacking is for the DS.

Now, that said, I use the clicky from my "Ultor's Greaves of Faith" from PoP era rather than mem the spell. Of course it does very minimal damage at max level of the game these days and most would say it's not worth casting, but it is one spell that didn't get upgraded in its current form that can still be used today.
    Tatanka and Velisaris_MS like this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Hey, sometimes every little bit helps. :D

I miss the "Blood" versions. :(
  8. Annastasya Augur

If you don't have Complete Heal in your spellbook, are you even clericing?
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Oh, spellbook, sure. Do you have it on your cast bar? THAT'S the question! ;)
  10. Crystilla Augur

Me as well!
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  11. fransisco Augur

The existance of complete heal is why I didnt make a cleric back in kunark. Couldn't stand the idea of that gameplay.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

And it's cursed the cleric class to "you heal and that's all you'll ever do" status.
    fransisco, Szilent and Annastasya like this.
  13. fransisco Augur

Naw, you got QM now. You can do mana as well. Full service!
  14. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Hello? Bread making sans oven. They produce a highly consistent product, although, they should consider a sourdough version to attract new players to the class.
    fransisco likes this.
  15. fransisco Augur

you do need better marketing on the bread. Maybe start calling it toast instead? The loading page has been talking about clerics "burning the bread" for a long time now.