Cleric Keybinds

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Greensong, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Greensong New Member

2. Cadira Augur

As far as my experiences goes to show, that thread you linked hit it on the head. Clarisa heals almost exactly like I do and I can say it works great with these multibinds. The further posts in that thread show an interesting use of hotbars instead of keybinds so much and that probably works out great too, although I've never tried using those as I've gotten so familiar and used to keybinds.

I have a bind for Syllable, and then Word (Group heals cast in fastest order). I have bind for all single targets (I load a different set for either "all remedies" or "2 remedies with 3 interventions" separately to conserve gems though, depending on the event, as usually an entire event will make most use out of one or the other in it's entirety, and nix most of the need for having 6 spells loaded instead of 3 or 5, respectively).

Unless assigned to a specific tank for a specific reason or any other circumstantial oddities, if two or more tanks take moderate damage in your group at the same time and you're in range, hit your group heal bind. Otherwise, spam ST key on whatever tank you should probably be healing.

Some work splash into one of their keybinds even without the intent of hitting it right away, so that the "target ring" is ready to cast when they feel the need. This works great for some people but might confuse/disturb others. I know I don't like seeing that ring float everywhere I put my cursor when I don't plan on using it right away, so I don't. I don't tend to lose any significant time by pre-lining up my cursor where I want my splash to land, hitting the hotkey tied to splash as soon as spell bar ungreys, and then left clicking immediately to cast it, but that's due to lots of practice.

Maybe this is more information than what you were looking for, if so I apologize but hope you found some of the information helpful, or if you want to know anything else I'd be happy to give my take.
  3. Pano Augur

Small correction, Clarisaa doesn't use keybinds. She has an immense amount of knowledge on everything cleric, but I don't think she ever used a keybind.

What Cadira said is spot on, you also need to be very quick on target swapping on raids so having a last 2 target hotkey between binds can be helpful. You can also bind different utility spell to different mouse buttons for quicker access and assign numbers from the numpad to your ET window. What makes someone an effective raid healer is how quick they are at healing the right person and not wasting heals on someone being over healed because you can't be bothered target switching or splashing.
  4. Brohg Augur

The hotbar way works exactly like your keybinds, except no need for swapping spell sets. That's its big advantage. You can drag & drop spells in & out of the keybind "real time", or just click to a second page of the hotbar, with an alternate spell linup, without having to change what spells are loaded.

Also the hotbar way can incorporate non-spell things, like the Lesser Yaulp AA (or, better, if you own it, the Darkened Donal's Helm of Mourning) or apothic hammer click heal

My default line up for box healing, plain spam on myself without paying attention, is Rem-Rem-Syllable-Inter-Inter. I don't use the third Inter since it doesn't benefit the same from focus AAs, like the third Remedy wouldn't. Including Syllable in the linup takes care of incidental damage the group takes around me, plus adds on the Synergy thing which-- well, isn't nothing? Anyhow the spell still heals the tank so it's fine to me to multibind.

When I'm main clericking, I use the hell out of Unyielding Judgement (neé Glorious Judgment) and top 2 Contras besides the Intras. By preference I only do Remedies when the 5 DDs are down :)
  5. Cadira Augur

Ahh I misread, that's right she just talked about how to make them but doesn't use them. Impressive! Didn't know there were anymore clickers out there!