Cleric - Anticipated Intervention

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Gundolin, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Gundolin Augur

Are you finding much use for this spell? I see it being cast just before a hard fight, and then dropped from your spell line up due to cast time, but I was wondering if anyone is able to recast it efficiently in combat?
  2. Metanis Bad Company

File this one under "it would be nice but who has the time?". There's so many things to cast just before an engagement this one probably falls through the cracks. I hit AA Divine Guardian to serve this purpose instead.
    Gundolin likes this.
  3. Fullwin Journeyman

I often cast this during pre-raid buffing, especially when I know each of my group's tanks are going to be engaging a number of mobs right at the start (like the Stratos raid). It's not a huge difference but it gives an extra half-second for me to land those initial heals as things get under control. For the cleric that casts it, it's also helpful to see "Your Anticipated Intervention spell has worn off" on each of 3-4 people so I'm not only relying on the HP bars to know which person is taking damage quickest... timing can vary based on how quickly a tank grabs their mob(s) and whether they use a disc to start off (e.g. flash or whatever).

Unfortunately, the cast time is so long (I think 3.5 seconds fully hasted) that I've rarely been able to justify keeping it loaded during the raid... maybe when a raid has some moments where a boss goes inactive (thinking Prince in Chardok) but there's almost always something more useful to be doing.
    Gundolin likes this.