Cleric AA needs to be fixed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mybag, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Mybag Journeyman

Hi, I would like to say good job DBG on fixing the memblur on raid targets and people using it to cheat a dps race. Now can we focus next on fixing bestow DA so they cant use it on non group/raid members? I see no reason being able to cast it on non grouped or raid members other then people using it to wipe a group by casting it on the tank or cheating to win a dps race. It wouldn't be a problem if TLP had buff blocks but we cant and even if people watch to remove it you lose dps because of it or healers when they DA the tank
  2. Gingyr Elder

I sometimes wonder if they really understood how much crying and whining would be introduced when P99 players came to real servers. Apparently not.
    Machentoo and Finchy like this.
  3. Mybag Journeyman

How is that whining? There is no reason for having Bestow DA able to be casted on non-group/raid members and its over looked on live because people can buff block it if needed, TLP cant until later expans.
  4. Febb Augur

I used this as a cleric quite extensively on raids casting on people not in my group. If people are being casted on not in group or raid, then I would say that could be exploited quite easily.
  5. Finchy Augur

or just quit complaining. Either deal with mechanics or go play something else. devs have enough to deal with without wasting time reading posts like this.
  6. Mybag Journeyman

Maybe if they went back to enforcing PNP people wouldnt have to make post like this about players exploiting to wipe groups and win dps races. I am all about dps racing raid targets but not when people need to exploit stuff to win. If they took the time to fix memblur then I see no issue with them fixing this next patch. I think the people calling out others for whining are the ones who do it and dont want it fixed
  7. Strawberry Augur

The people who whine the most to change things, are ironically the same exact people who claim they want a classic experience.

"Classic is great.....btw, developers, can you change these AA, these flags, instance these zones, instance these raids, remove these items...and make me some coffee while you're at it will you."

It reminds me of Vanguard, and Pantheon will be exactly the same. The people who left EQ, left for a reason, they didn't like the game for some reason. These people who say they love classic or the game in general the most, actually like it the least, because they didn't stick with the game. They actually forgot what EQ was like, they forgot you can't just flip a switch with old code without breaking tons of other stuf, they are so used to just asking for stuf and getting it because that's how it works in newer MMO with new code.
  8. Finchy Augur

18 year old video game, and the subscriptions aren't what they need to be for DBG to put enough resources together to police like they used to back in the day. Please learn to understand that.
  9. Gremin Augur

Actually their resources are fine, they choose to funnel their profits to newer games.
  10. Quazilla Journeyman

Maybe I am missing something here, can't you click it off?
    Once it happened once, wouldn't you be looking for this to happen again and be on the ready to click it off right away?
    It doesn't fully remove threat, just puts you at 1 while its on, and once it fades or is removed, you are back where you were.
  11. smash Augur

Could you not just add it to blocked spell.
    Make a block key and unblock key.
  12. malaki Augur

Buff block isn't enabled till a much later expansion.
  13. smash Augur

OH :(

It really should be, not that it is giving any powers
  14. Brumans Augur

Yeah, there's several QOL things that being expansion locked are annoying: buff blocking, bandolier, clicking from inventory all come to mind.

Not like target rings, maps, origin, cooldown timer on buttons are locked by expansion either...but probably shouldn't give them any ideas, heh.
  15. Finchy Augur

I didn't say they lack resources. I said they aren't generating enough revenue from EQ these days to warrant putting additional resources into it. Other game titles from DBG are making significantly more revenue.
  16. Gremin Augur

They make plenty off EQ to be able to do more for EQ especially now due to these TLPs. Bag sales alone for a virtual item could pay salary on extra things.

If they where smart they would bundle up things like bandolier, potion belt, extended target window etc and sell them on TLPs.
  17. Finchy Augur

I apologize, I didn't realize you were a financial advisor for DBG. Thanks for the info, sir.
  18. Gremin Augur

It's not hard to find or look up a companies yearly financials.
  19. Finchy Augur

[IMG]

You are right!