[Cleric] 2012 Suggestions for AAs

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Eandolf, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Eandolf Elder

This is a resurrected thread from Crystilla (no bonking crys, your off playing with your AA site anyway). I wanted to move it over from the archived forums, Crys can take the thread over if she wishes.

This is just the high level edited post from Crystilla, none of the additional messages are included, but the thread exists here (http://forums.station.sony.com/eqold/posts/list.m?topic_id=186188)

NEW AA'S
    Improved Beacon of Life - Adds 1000 to the heal amount of Beacon of Life AA.
    Hastened First Spire of Divinity
    Hastened Second Spire of Divinity
    Hastened Third Spire of Divinity
    Improved Celestial Regeneration
    Improved Focused Celestial Regeneration
    Self only version of Quiet Miracle - separate timer
    Influential Purify Soul - extends the range of purify soul
    Influential Group Purify Soul - extends the range of group purify soul
    Influential First Spire of Divinity - extends the range of first spire of divinity
    Influential Second Spire of Divinity - extends the range of second spire of divinity
    Influential Third Spire of Divinity - extends the range of third spire of divinity

UPGRADES TO EXISTING LINES
    Hastened Blessing of Resurrection ranks 4-6 - This would bring the original 12 second recast down to 6 seconds
    Hastened Celestial Regeneration ranks 4-5 - This would bring the original 15 min recast down to 7.5 minutes
    Hastened Focused Celestial Regeneration ranks 4-5 - This would bring the original 15 min recast down to 7.5 minutes
    Hastened Improved Twincast ranks 6-10 - Each rank reduces the recast by 1 minute (difference from ranks 1-5). This would bring the recast down to 5 minutes.
    Hastened Purified Spirits ranks 4-6 - Each rank reduces the recast timer by 20 seconds. Total recast would go from 5 minutes down to 3 minutes.
    Hastened Renewal ranks 6-9 - Each rank reduces the recast by 2 seconds. Total recast would go from 30 seconds to 12 seconds.
    Hastened Turn Undead rank 10 - Each rank reduces the recast by 15 seconds. Total recast would go from 5 minutes to 2:30.

CHANGES
    Yaulp [30666]
    - Please split the yaulp AA into separate AA's for clerics and paladin. As it currently is, the discrepancy between our spell version and this AA version is so large, it is not usable/used by clerics at all. Paladin really have a separate need for their version, so it would make sense to provide each class with their own version.

Divine Guardian [30663]
    - Divine Guardian is a good idea but has a lot of issues in the execution of it.
    a) Once Divine Guardian triggers, it blocks divine intercession/divine invocation spell line from being cast onto the NPC until the original 3 minute duration buff has been removed. (Heal amount on DI spell > heal amount on divine guardian making this an unacceptable tradeoff).
    b) Divine Guardian AA gets removed from a player if someone casts the Promised renewal line on that player. As PR is a key staple in the cleric healing arsenal, this stacking issue is another reason why divine guardian is not used as often.
    c) When Divine Guardian is cast, the buff it leaves is in the short duration window. As it is a 3 minute buff, it should be moved to the regular buff window. (As it stands, clerics can not tell if this has already been cast on a person because we do not have access to see short term buffs).

Repel the Wicked [ ? ]
    - This AA also has some small tweaks needed that would make it usable. Being limited to target type undead is ok, but here are the issues seen in the execution of using it.
    a) The long recast timer means you can really only use it once.
    b) The push should be increased as right now the push is so small that it doesn't push the mob out of melee range. The consequences of this is the blur ends up being non functional (since players are still already in aggro range).
  2. Nindale_MS Elder

Scrap the improved beacon of life that noone uses, and wtb more improved Burst of life
  3. CaRnon Augur

I am guessing you mean PC and not NPC right?

I have heard people say that DG blocks DI from going off if both are on the PC.. I have done testing with DG and DI both on a toon and have had both fire off when they are suspsed to. So that is not a issue. I have not personally noticed an issue with DG blocking DI from being cast on a toon once DG goes off BUT I if your posting about it here I am sure it is a issue and may be the reason the rumor of DG and DI not stacking came from.
  4. Kaylord101 Elder

I have never had an issuse when i casted both, i am not sure if im doing something different or not, Always cast DI then DG... DG goes off and DI follows later on...
  5. Eandolf Elder

Have you ever used DG and Promised heals? I will test DG and DI, the last I used them was that DG knocked off DI on casting, perhaps ordering is important here.
  6. Crystilla Augur

I think the problem as mentioned with DG and DI is after DG fires, you have to wait until that initial 3 min timer buff is dropped before DI can be applied on the player. So if you cast both initially (DI and then DG) you can get both effects, but then can't immediately reapply another DI like you would in normal raid situations for another 3 min.
  7. CaRnon Augur

I actually was playing with this today and I did not see any problem casting DI on a toon after DG was casted on a character. So not sure if its something else or what but I do not see a stacking issue with DG/DI.. I will play with it more later today with another cleric casting DG on the tank to see if its a issue when differnt clerics are casting the DG then casting the DI?
  8. Crystilla Augur

Not after DG was cast, but after DG fired. At least the first few months of the expansion, when DG fires, there was still a buff left on the player, which blocked DI from being recast (or DG again) until the buff wore off in 3 minurs.
  9. CaRnon Augur

Ok again I have not noticed a buff icon being left after it fired. But I was not on the tank i was casting it on for tests today and I dont remember if they were there the last time I did it on myself..

I will check it out again casting it on myself to see if after it fires if it goes away or not.. because I have not had issues with DI landing on tanks and we usualy keep DG / DI on our tanks as often as we can. But maby we have just had good luck with with our DG/DIs have fired on raids?
  10. Kreacher Augur

I want a targetable instant Flash of Anger, reusable once every 30mins, with some hastening AA's to drop it to 15mins.

[25058/15319] Flash of Anger Effect II
    Classes: CLE / 98
    Skill: Alt
    Target: Targetable
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 6s (1 ticks), Extend: No
    Dispellable: No
    1: Increase Chance to Parry by 10000%
    Text: A flash of anger takes over your weapons.
    A brief flash of anger allows you to parry all incoming attacks.
  11. Belchere Lorekeeper

Hey guys and gals, just some comments of mine as to some of these AA...

I have clicked Beacon of Life about 5 times since buying it, and always found it seriously underpowered, given that it shares the timer to our single target AA heal also. Move timer off of the share with our targetted AA heal, or it's a very seldom used AA.

Adding AA to hasten the recycle time on Blessing of Resurrection would rock. It's not going to be game breaking, but it would remove the annoyance of having to wait around for it to refresh after a wipe. While I am at it, how about another AA, Quickened Blessing of Resurrection to decrease the cast time?

Do many of you still use Divine Guardian ? If so, what types of situations are you using it in? I find this AA seldom if ever used, in both group and raid situations. It's partially due to the fact that the heal is so small, when it fires, the tank isn't really noticibly affected, and it's partially because of the stacking issues mentioned above.

One New AA I would like to see, is a 3 step Improvement to Promised, that takes 1 second off the firing timer for each level (So promised would fire in 15 sec, not 18). Alternately 2 seconds per step, but activatable, with say a 1 min lockout. This way Promised would fire in 12 seconds - but if so, I would like it activated, so when needed we could go back to the 18 second fire - some pulls / situational cases you really WANT that 18 second cushion.
  12. Crystilla Augur

I do use Divine Guardian quite a few times a week, but I tend to use it on the classes that you wouldn't stick DI on ... or if there aren't a lot of clerics on the raid who actually cast DI and I need it as a spare DI of sorts. As examples:
    - Pullers, riposte folks (though stopped when they told me they thought it interfered with something of theirs), low HP person/app, etc.

I think of it as the "poor man's DI".
  13. CaRnon Augur

I agree. I like DG.. its just another safety net for us. I dont use it in exp groups but I use is alot on raids.
  14. Ardin Elder

There should be more ranks of Hastened Avatar on this list (to allow us to run this all the time)
  15. CaRnon Augur

Divine Avatar is a great AA and fun to use sometimes to add a little bit more dps but I just do not see them making it a buff that we could keep up on us constantly. Maby drop the recast time by half so only a few minutes recast time..

I would like that option to have it be on us all the time.. ether threw makeing it a passive ability that does not require us to reclick the AA every time it wears off. But again I do not think the devs would be willing to increase our dps that much constantly... Also I rather them work on improving our healing to make it the best hands down no questions asked like before... now drudis/shammys etc can heal almost as good as us...

We are healers.. that is our primary job in exp groups/raids is to make sure our group stays alive... and currently a shammy/druid can do our job and then some since shamys can slow/vp/ etc and druids can heal/DPS way better then us... I do not care if we can out dps druids/shammys but I do want our heals to put us at the top with no one even close to us in 2nd place for heals...

Sorry for rant.. I just want our class to be hands down the most wanted healer in any group/raid suituation.
    Nindale_MS likes this.
  16. Ardin Elder

group situation - since mercs are more than enough, druids and shamans are better than us - they add (a)dps.
    raids - druids are often better than us.

for healing we need longer durations of our healing frenzy, flurry of life and celestial rapidity. Our recourse of life need more ranks.
    for grouping - we need our nukes (ALL) dealing far more dmg, ability to stun mobs 3 lvls higher than we are.