cle promised

Discussion in 'Priests' started by gnomeboss, May 17, 2017.

1. gnomeboss Augur

last night in general there was a ... robust ... conversation about the merits of promised. long story short, there was/is some confusion about the validity of promised because of new tank aa that allow the promised buff to act as a hot prior to the delayed heal.

i'm at work and can't access a spell parser to research myself, so i'm curious if anyone has any insight on this. and i'm curious if anyone knows the value of the heals the promised hot may or may not be generating. and can they crit? and can I check my log for these heals?

thanks!
  2. Sindaiann Augur

I am certainly no cleric but assuming you are talking of the following, there is no HoT (heal over time) component.

[43180/4614] Promised Rehabilitation Rk. III
    Classes: CLR/103
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 1198
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0.25s, Recast: 15s, Timer: 12, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Cast: Promised Rehabilitation Trigger III on Duration Fade
    2: Stacking: Delayed Heal Marker (36581)
    3: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 2 is 'Delayed Heal Marker' and < 0
    4: Stacking: Overwrite existing spell if slot 2 is 'Delayed Heal Marker' and < 0
    Text: You are promised divine healing.
    Imbues your target with the promise of a great heal in %z.
    [43183/9858] Promised Rehabilitation Trigger III
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    1: Increase Current HP by 36581 (If Type 524)
    2: Increase Current HP by 47555 (If HP Below 20 Percent)
    Text: The promise of divine reformation is fulfilled.
    Heals you for #1 hit points, or for #2 hit points if you are below 20% health.
  3. p2aa Augur

Most tanks (and non tanks too) have promised heal spell blocked because they are terrible heals coming from mercs.
    As to live clerics, they prefer direct heal to these type of heals, and I don't think I have seen some raiding clerics using this type of spell anymore. The delayed heal is bad on a tank that requires now lot of direct heal to counterpart the massive damage tanks take now in raids.
  4. mackal Augur

5. Brohg Augur

Promised is a wonderful heal for real clerics thanks to its very fast cast time. The 10k interposition could have used a buff with EOK, but does its job of filling the "gap" between Remedies. Promised's major limitation is that only one cleric can use it per target; it can't be spammed by every healer.
  6. Coronay Augur

I used promised in grp content with war & clr and it is wonderful.

5 stars, will use again!
  7. fransisco Augur

It'd be nice if mercs didnt use promised and then stop healing.
    I keep promised blocked on every character I have
    Skewert likes this.