Classic-Velious open from day 1

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dakotou, Mar 17, 2020.

1. jiri_ Augur

Their pet is ok. Their melee kind of sucks without items. Their slow is the same one enchanters get at level 8 or whatever. And they can go OOM healing someone from 25% to 50% hp. I don't think enchanters are going to feel that their spot atop the TLP tier list is threatened.

You'd see a ton of them - not because they're OP but because they're different for the launch of a progression server.
  2. Jaenisch Elder

Regardless, it's legitimately a bad idea. It's one thing to post on here asking for a certain expansion on launch.
  3. jiri_ Augur

I don't see any reason to think it's a bad idea. It's slightly different from other TLP servers, that's all.
  4. Jaenisch Elder

Unless the server is Luclin+ it is a dumb idea. Period. BST in classic is not TLP....it's a whole new game.
  5. jiri_ Augur

1) I don't think it's that big a change. Even if a class is a bit overpowered, what's it change? Raid mobs going down on day 4 rather than day 5? More botters holding down camps ad infinitum? They're already only limited by the number of camps, not character power.

2) I'm not sure they actually CAN release a Classic server with Bst/Ber; I'm willing to bet that a server with Bst at the start would have to start in Luclin. Isn't that what they did with Selo?
  6. ajschliewe Elder

No, it needs to start with a 5 month Classic-Luclin unlock with zerkers, with a 3 month PoP expac.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

I don't see them putting in berserkers or beastlords early. Ever. The work required is probably significant enough vs. the payoff that it'll never happen. There is no payoff for DBG that I can see. But what do I know...
  8. jiri_ Augur

I agree - they could, I suppose, do a funky server start like Classic-Luclin or Classic-TSS. The latter might be somewhat interesting. Or it might be a total flop. Who knows.
  9. Angered Augur

Start the server in GOD if you want classic-pop go play on agnarr! So sick of these early eras! I hope they start in GOD+ nothing is more boring then raiding Classic-Velious then luclin/pop yikes! Oh i forgot thats the noob friendly easy mode game everyone claims they love.....
  10. Dakotou New Member

We need something different. Same old Phinny clone isn't gonna do it. Releasing Trilogy at start won't make everyone happy. But if you want to grab market share you are gonna have to do something different.

I know you ain't doing PvP. I know you ain't donig FV rules. Trilogy start gives us so much more room and zones to play in.

You can't be so afraid to take chances that you don't evolve. Phinny clone works but it is getting stale.
  11. Delora Journeyman

I am here to also support a Classic-Velious start. I remember back in the day these three were sold together as a "trilogy" set so it makes perfect sense to start a TLP with them. They really all complement each other. I would not add Luclin to this set because Luclin did change the game so much with the Nexus spires and bazaar.

With these three, you have a ton of options of places to level up (CC, ToFS!) and breaks up the monotony of standard TLP releases. Maybe have Luclin unlock after 4 months then follow the standard release unlocks after that?
  12. Zansobar Augur

I'd much rather have the server start in Classic and progress from there. If they want to make the boxing server start in Velious I have no objections as i don't plan to play there :)
  13. jordune Augur

personaly i like the idea of a clasic+ kunark launch for 5 months
    more elbow room for 1 as we lvl up our toons and we we can do epics on all the toons and
    then when velious opens we can play the faction game !!
  14. Rcbauer Augur

Amen. Velious would be too much. Classic raids would still be relevant with a kunark launch . Still some nice stuff to be had.

And all those xp zones!