Classic + Kunark

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Serona, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Serona Elder

How do people feel about having Classic AND kunark at launch? I know kunark makes a lot of classic gear pretty diminished. The problem with just classic is if the server has a very large interest(like Fippy did, causing Vulak creation) then there simply isn't enough room.

I'd sooner see Classic and Kunark be available at the beginning and have them last for 6months.
  2. Merry Elder

3. Stewgottz Augur

I don't like this idea, if you open both up people will be level 60 in a week and locking down all content even easier. Imagine trying to get a FBSS and theres 3 lvl 60's mages down there owning the whole floor with afk pets killing everything. Even if you trained them probably wouldnt matter. Just my two coppers.
  4. Vaclav Augur

Stew - That was discussed in the thread linked.

Many people were of the mind of unhinging 51+ from Kunark and disabling the top end zones from being accessible until the unlock occurred.

Basically opening 1-50 Kunark early with Classic and leaving 51+ Kunark locked until Kunark opens.
    Zinth likes this.
  5. Stewgottz Augur

Yes I remember that thread too and I said the same thing lol. It just seems messy to me...
  6. Vaclav Augur

Its messy, but it does make alot of zones that will likely go almost completely unused see use.

One of Kunark's primary intents back in the day wasn't just a level cap or additional raid content, but simply more areas for people to level up in. [and Velious did the same for 35+ as well)

It's the original solution to old world congestion that TLP has had to deal with. But if "getting 51+ and Kunark raids" early is a concern they could be unhinged in theory.

Definitely more work though.
  7. Grish Augur

Whichever time frame gets voted in, I think Kunark should be released faster. I would not want it with classic but 2-3 months after classic would be great.
  8. Rokuzachi New Member

I like the idea of having the Kunark leveling zones available (and Iksar!) at release. Love some of those zones and it would be a shame to see them be underused if they aren't there at the start.
  9. Animosity Elder

This! 3+ months of classic will get super boring. I like having the 2 expansions separate.
  10. Unheard New Member

I agree, 2-3 months tops
  11. kain200 Augur

I vote yes to classic opening with kunark. The option to unhinge 51+ kunark is fine by me as long as the 1-50 leveling zones and iksar are in from the beginning. We must have iksar! No six month wait for our scaly brethren!
  12. Oberon Augur

classic +kunark doesn't sound like a progression server.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  13. Devol New Member

I'm all for Classic + Kunark at release, "Unhinged 51+ and Kunark raids" or not. I predict the congestion of Classic will be a Nightmare. With the fast leveling, high player power vs mob, and the long unlock to Kunark, people won't have any place to go.
  14. Zoggzog Elder

I actually think 6 months of Classic is going to be great. WHY in the world would I think that, after witnessing what happened on Fippy? Because we *know* it's going to be six months long, so anybody stupid enough to race through the content is going to be bored out of their minds by the second month and will quit, leaving the rest of us in peace for 4 months. I really look forward to those 4 months.
    Hotshot likes this.
  15. Ultrazen Augur

I doubt that's what will happen though, more likely they will be camping every named in existence, if for nothing else but spite. A lot of people are jerks, and this tends to go doubly so for the people who get some kind of self esteem boost out of being first or "powerful" in a video game.

It's incredibly easy to make other players miserable when the world is small and the player numbers are high. Sadly there are a lot of people that take pleasure in doing just that.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  16. Grish Augur

Yeah I have to disagree with your vision here as well. The bot crews will try to lock down as many good spawns as possible to make money in this scenario.

It's really not even a guess. It will happen.

If you check out badgers post on this subject, it is pretty well reasoned. My suggestion is to open Kunark after about 2 months, then take the additional 2.5/4 months and add them to the time on Kunark/Velious/Luclin so it doesn't speed anything up except Kunark's release.
  17. Hateseeker Augur

I support starting with Kunark and not adding the time that would have been between Classic and Kunark to the following expansions.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  18. Zoggzog Elder

Yeah, I could get behind that compromise.
  19. Unheard New Member

I like that idea too.
  20. Jenarie Elder

My first choice would be short classic (4-6 weeks max) with a long Kunark.
    Second choice would be opening both at launch.

I don't want the nightmare of crowded classic like it was with such a long classic last time on Fippy. After about a month people were fighting over all the camps - heck they were probably fighting before that but that's when it got the the point for me where I couldn't log in and join a group without a fight over mobs breaking out between someone in my group and someone in another group so I just stopped playing.